Visual Designer @ NBT // Next Big Thing AG
Next Big Thing AG is a Berlin-based IoT company builder offering a complete framework for the acceleration of IoT ventures. We are an operational VC, technology provider, and innovation partner made up of a strong team of business architects, tech experts, and experienced founders.
Fascinated by the potential of IoT? We are too. We gather the best and brightest minds across industries to collaborate on connected ideas for the future. As part of the German de:hub initiative, NBT is the center of gravity for all things IoT. We enable rapid prototyping, disruptive innovation, and entrepreneurship. In short, we support and promote all elements of the IoT-blockchain ecosystem to develop new companies.
Whether you’re looking to solder hardware, tackle key innovation challenges across industries, or lead a venture into a steady IoT future, you’ll find a home at NBT. Have a look at our current openings below and get in touch!
JOIN OUR TEAM!
At NBT our ventures deliver cross-industry, IoT and Blockchain based solutions. To support our ventures, we outfit them with a rich variety of visual assets ranging from digital & print branding materials to end-user interface design solutions (such as informational websites, service-oriented backend dashboards, and end-user mobile applications.)
As a Visual Designer for NBT’s core Marketing Team, you will be helping NBT’s new ventures to clarify and present their product concepts and brand identity across various channels. You will be working with seasoned business leaders, engineers, product managers, and technology experts to deliver great digital experiences as part of the solutions for our ventures
These will be your tasks:
You will be expected to design and execute full stack branding and marketing products to achieve the most innovative product possible.
- Closely collaborate with and support our senior-level designers by implementing primary design direction and incorporating the best design and technology practices to provide cohesive support of overall creative strategies
- Support to drive the creative direction of our venture’s visual identity with an understanding of style guides, templates, iconography, typography, illustrations, and visual imagery will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible
- Participate in all stages of branding process: from ideation, development, to final completion
- Take ownership of our ventures’ full-stack branding and marketing products in close collaboration with the design lead. Your creative digital & print output will ensure the high quality work and maintain the overall brand vision, with fresh and innovative deliverables,
- Support the NBT marketing department with other visual and creative needs. Project scope ranges from working on display banners, to printed materials, to wireframes for creative landing pages.
You’re offering these qualifications:
- 2+ years relevant professional experience in an in-house design department, agency, or freelance
- Demonstrated ability to take campaigns from conception to asset creation
- Clear and effective communication skills articulating design concepts and rationales
- Excellent sense of aesthetic design and keen eye for typography, visual hierarchy and composition
- Ability to synthesize a complex message into easily digested visualizations. In describing your design to others, you frame your rationale clearly and passionately
- Experience designing in a variety of mediums, including digital and interactive design
- Expertise in all the Adobe Suite products & Sketch
- Demonstrable expertise in both print and digital design
- Proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Motion Design skills are plus
We’re offering these benefits:
A sweet deal
- Full-time unlimited contract
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of paid vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
- Take responsibility for your projects. No micromanagement.
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 21 countries
- Healthy working hours
- Access to Factory Community events: lectures, social events, networking, great restaurant and café, and a ball-pit!
Top notch lab access
- Unlimited access to a fully equipped R&D lab for fast prototyping through to minor production runs at post prototype stages. The lab covers 4 areas: Electronics, 3d printing, mechanical engineering and P&P machines for pcb manufacturing.
Work with the best
- Join an agile, cross-functional, dedicated team
- Collaborate with experienced founders and internationally established partners, ranging from the Fraunhofer Institute, GlobalFoundries, to Consensys.
We do not work with recruitment agencies.
RELOCATION & EU WORK VISA
We offer relocation assistance for this position regarding paperwork, visa and first steps in Germany.
Updated: 5 hours ago
Job ID: 15473