Visual UI designer // Contentful
Contentful is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API – be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We’re a fun team of over 100 people from 36 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will become the eighth member of our close-knit team and take responsibility of one of our User Experience segments. Working closely with designers, copywriters, engineers, product managers and business people, you will play an essential part in evolving concrete user needs into loveable solutions.
Through this, you will be exposed to all of the elements of our Product Design Process and will get the chance to both participate in research and present work to our customers.
Our focus for 2017/18 is on enhancing the usability, utility and aesthetic quality of our Authoring application and Developer Experience. Since Contentful is not an ordinary CMS and is used by a wide variety of personas such as editors, writers, developers and translators, your design work here will be stimulating, rich and intellectually challenging.
This is a position for someone who wants to develop their practice, but who also has experience to share with us.
We’re a collaborative, empathic team, experimenting and working fast.
- Exceptional portfolio, with focus on UX/UI & Graphic design
- Fluency in best practices for visual design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator or equivalent
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with stakeholders & with developers for implementation
- Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- Nice to have!
- Evidence of Brand & storytelling work
- Good technical knowledge of how technologies apply to design
- Working knowledge of HTML / CSS / JS
- Work closely with and get mentorship from senior designers and researchers
- Work in a space tailored for collaboration and playfulness and enjoy team activities such as off-sites, dinners or sketch club.
- Join an innovative tech company; our product is made by developers, for developers and we count among our investors and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions)
- Shape the future: help us establish, scale, and improve our team’s processes
- Work for a cutting-edge technology company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- We offer education budgets complete with extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware to software, your work environment to your chair, we’ve literally got your back
- Enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes!
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget. We’ll help you settle into your exciting new city
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →