Visual/UI Designer // flyiin
- Our sprint teams are organised as multi-disciplinary ‘crews’. Within your crew, you will team up with a UX Designer, a Frontend Developer, a Backend Developer and an Agile Coach with the goal to constantly improve the UI and the overall design of our product, based on a user-centric and sprint-based approach.
- You will define and improve the visual language in the different product areas (e.g. search, booking, payment etc.) for both our web-based and mobile products. Because our product is our brand, you will play an essential role in making flyiin the champion brand for online flight search and booking.
- You will work closely with the UX Designer to conduct user research and collect user feedback that will serve as inputs to our design sprints. You will transform the insights you will gain from user research into ideas and design sketches.
- You will create mockups, layouts, design sketches, interactive prototypes and pixel-perfect production assets, and document them as guidelines and design principles for your and other crews.
- You are a team player. You will clearly present and communicate your vision, your design work and its rationale to the members of your crew, and work closely with them in order to foster the sharing of ideas, learning and design principles within your crew.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
If you have…
- 3+ years experience in designing web and mobile user interfaces
- A solid understanding of fundamental principles of UX/UI design
- Excellent graphic design skills and a deep knowledge of visual design principles (grids, typography, use of color, iconography etc…)
- Expertise in visual design tools: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, and in prototyping tools: Invision, Principle, Framer, After Effects
- Experience with communication tools: Google for Business, Slack Trello etc.
- Superb attention to detail
- Outstanding organisational and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Solid knowledge of English (English is the company’s official language)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
If you are excited about…
- Travel, and most specifically air travel
- Figuring out the best possible design solution to a particular user issue
- Working with people from different parts of the world
- Contributing to developing a company’s culture and dynamics
- Being part of something big that has the potential to transform a whole industry
If as a person, you appreciate…
- Highly collaborative and multidisciplinary teams
- Systematic feedback and knowledge sharing
- “Bullshit-free”, lean and focused organisations
HOW CAN YOU STAND OUT?
You’ll reach the top of the list if in addition to the above, you:
1- have already been in a similar role and helped build up a technology company from scratch
2- can demonstrate a high level of self-reliance and a strong sense of initiative
3- are passionate about digital products that are design-focused and user-centric
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU AT FLYIIN.
1- The opportunity to join a company that will grow fast, and be at the origin of it
2- The chance to work very enthusiastic and experienced people who all share the strong desire to shake things up
3- The option to work remotely from home one day a week
4- Regular “Knowledge sessions” on topics such as online travel, airlines, technology or product
5- Your daily dose of coffee, fresh fruits, snacks… and our weekly beers and wine.
6- And finally, a competitive salary and an attractive office space in the heart of Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg)
… and more as our business and results grow.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
If this is a kind of adventure you would take part in, and the type of jobs that you’ve always been looking for, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell us why you’re the best candidate for this position.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.