Web and Graphic Designer (m/f) // ZipJet
Who we are and what we are doing
Zipjet is Europe’s leading on-demand laundry & dry cleaning service, operating in London, Paris and Berlin. We take the hassle of laundry off our customers’ hands, so they can spend more time doing the things they enjoy. To do this, we’ve created a cutting-edge, app-based service that allows our customers to have their laundry collected and delivered back to them in as little as six hours. Think of us as a remote control for your laundry pile!
Our service is available on mobile apps (iOS & Android) and via our website. We strive for operational excellence and build solutions to serve large numbers of customer in a highly reliable and autonomous manner.
We’re a young team of about 50 people across our three cities, with a great mix of previous professional experience. Our backgrounds are diverse, both culturally and professionally. One thing we all have in common, though, is that we are passionate about making Zipjet a success.
About the role
We are looking for a Web and Graphic Designer (m/f) to join our team in Berlin. Since you will be working on both product requirements & marketing material you are the brand ambassador of Zipjet and you’ll make sure everything is consistent within Zipjet brand guidelines. You can be sure: Not every day will be the same.
- From our small icons to huge billboards in three European cities, from our iOS & Android app to the responsive website, from organising photo-shoots to video editing. The spectrum of your work is endless & enables you to make an impact on our business
- Create innovative communication concepts and campaign ideas for Zipjet´s advertising material optimized for online and offline channels
- Implement perfect mobile-first interaction designs that are visually balanced for a variety of screen sizes and form factors (smartphones, tablets, PCs, web)
- Responsible for the brand guidelines of Zipjet and keeping each department up to date with the last design
- Clearly communicating and sharing your designs with developers, making sure that what’s implemented is what you’ve designed
What you have done so far
- You have a proven track record of 2+ years of experience in designing UIs for a startup or large company
- You are experienced in working closely with front-end, iOS & Android developer
- You constantly strive to stay up-to-date on current UX/UI trends
- You can put yourself in the user’s shoes and find solutions to every problem
- Creation of online and offline advertising/marketing assets such as newsletters, ads, printed materials, merchandise, etc.
- Of course, working excellence with Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) and Sketch for UI is a prerequisite
- Create videos with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects is a plus
- You design simple solutions for complex problems
- You organized some user testing and customer interview to find potential problems (a plus)
- Comfortable with user data and analytics tools (a plus)
- Fluency in English is a must, whereas French and/or German language skills are a plus
Who you (hopefully) are
- You like to focus both on print & product design
- You’re passionate about design & can clearly communicate your ideas
- You are curious and you take an initiative of your own to satisfy that curiosity
- You have an urge to do things right and to do the right thing
- You’re pixel perfect and like to push your design one step further
- You’re a good listener and always designing with the user in mind
What we offer
- An office in the centre of Berlin’s thriving startup scene
- The basics (compensation, benefits, drinks at work).
- A setting that allows you to shape essential parts of a business operation.
- The prospect of having a broad impact on peoples’ lives.
- A fun work environment with great people.
We are excited to receive your application!
We ask you to send us a resume and portfolio – applications without portfolio cannot be considered.