We are looking for an Engineer who loves to make games. You will join us to make our next-generation social games for 50 million monthly users!
About the job
Just like when Arnie was the all-star Action Hero for the film industry in Hollywood, we are looking for someone to be all-star Actionscript Hero for the gaming industry in Berlin! You should love coding and be the king/queen of Actionscript programming.
You will join one of our amazing teams and be responsible for all aspects of the game: product definition, graphics, development of the (Flash) client and the backend, as well as operating the overall system when it’s live. You will also have the opportunity to move into new technologies after proving your success on our running games
Our development is agile – while the team can decide how to organize itself, it must remain flexible to changing requirements and be able to produce high quality software in weekly iterations. Test-driven development and continuous integration are standard. We are looking for a developer who first and foremost loves to write awesome code and is not afraid to break things and learn from mistakes.
Required skills and experience
- In-depth knowledge of ActionScript3, XML, MXML, CSS, Eclipse / Flex Builder/ FDT, SVN, Design Patterns including MVC
- Experience in the development of Flash Applications with heavy server communication (Remoting, Sockets, JSON)
- Experience with Dependency Injection frameworks (Parsley, Robotlegs)
- Facebook ActionScript API, Experience in Low-Level (bytes level) development
- Community awareness with new technologies, frameworks, resources, and open source libraries
- Eye for detail, performance, and optimization
Why join us
- Make games that will be played by millions of people across the world
- Almost no hierarchies and quick decision making processes
- Join our hugely international environment
- Located in Berlin – Europe’s most exciting city!