Application Engineer (f/m) // Holoplot
At HOLOPLOT we develop innovative hardware and software to push the boundaries of what you thought loudspeakers are capable of: Using real-time wave field synthesis and audio beamforming, our systems enable a radically new approach to sonically outstanding, high-quality speech and music reproduction, even in the acoustically most challenging environments.
We build our products with a love for music, a commitment to the highest-possible quality, and a passion for disrupting the status quo.
In 2017, we were honoured to win the SXSW Innovation Award, but we are far from done yet: We recently have partnered with New York’s Madison Square Garden Company to build a completely novel and ground-breaking audio system for the MSG Spheres, the most revolutionary live entertainment venues in the world.
To help us build the future of loudspeaker technologies, we are now looking for talented and highly-motivated:
Application Engineer (f/m)
- Generate the first assessment of project inquiries, and assist the business development team, when approaching new projects/clients
- Perform demos of our product in the demo room, develop new demonstration ideas, and master the operation of the room facilities
- Build simulation models of rooms using drafting tools such as SketchUp and Rhino
- Plan and simulate loudspeaker systems for HOLOPLOT projects using Orbit (own Software), EASE and other tools in the future
- Generate reports of system proposals showing system architecture, capabilities, set-up and expected performance as per simulation
- Present system proposals internally as well as to clients and clarify inquiries thereabout
- Participate in design workshops and similar meetings over the course of projects
- Attend conferences/conventions and trade shows, and support HOLOPLOT presence in case the company has a booth in such events
- Participate in building and teaching the training/education programs for HOLOPLOT staff, HOLOPLOT representatives, and other segments of HOLOPLOT potential clients, such as system integrators, planning offices, and investors
- Supervise permanent installation tasks as well as other events and carry out set-up and programming of HOLOPLOT systems on site
- Perform field testing and measurements of HOLOPLOT installations using acoustical measurement tools and generate field reports accordingly
- Have a university degree in acoustics, audio engineering or event technology
- Have an experience of minimum three years in the planning, installation, testing and commissioning of loudspeaker systems in public venues
- Have a good level of knowledge and experience of acoustic simulation tools such as EASE and/or CATT
- Have a good level of knowledge and experience of acoustic measurement platforms such as EASERA and/or SMAART
- Preferably have some level of knowledge and experience of 3D drafting tools such as Revit and SketchUp
- Are fluent in the English language, preferably with an intermediate level of German
- Are willing to travel occasionally inland and abroad
- You love to take on responsibility and work with a team
- Are always striving for new challenges and eager to deep dive into complex problems
- Are a highly dedicated international team of engineers, tech lovers and sound enthusiasts
- Will give you challenging projects and full responsibility for those
- Offer a competitive salary
- Work on one of the most disrupting hardware technologies currently in the global market, with high media and customer attention
- Have an awesome loft office space with a view over Tempelhofer Feld
- Have weekly team lunch with cook and monthly team events
- Want to make this thing big!
Sounds good? Apply now and let’s change the future of sound together!