Back-end Developer (f/m/div) // FinLeap
First of all, what is Deutsche Fintech Solutions?
Deutsche Fintech Solutions aims to change the way financial consulting is done. As a joint venture created by FinLeap and DVAG (Germany’s largest independent financial advisory company) it plans to, as a first step, focus on creating new, innovative, and customer-focused digital tools for the 20,000 financial advisors of DVAG and the 6 million customers that they serve. DFS is also a part of FinLeap’s network of startups – Europe’s largest Fintech ecosystem, all under one roof, with an exciting opportunity to meet, socialize and exchange ideas with people from other startups.
What will keep you challenged as part of our tech team?
- Integrating multiple data sources through financial and data API’s.
- Enabling secure handling of data and syncing it with various data sources.
- Ensuring systematic quality assurance for the validation of accurate data processing.
- Keeping the system elegant, reaching for simplicity and ease of use for our clients, without letting go of all the functionality they need.
- Help creating the environment, culture and processes for the development team. Find the best way to create a product that would achieve our clients expectations.
- Collaborating with a small but ambitious team on tech and business topics
What do we offer?
Besides the standard stuff like free drinks (everything you can imagine – from coffee over Club Mate to juices and 4 different kinds of beer), cereal and fruit, discounts on transportation, gym memberships and local restaurants, we offer:
- Flexible working hours.
- You’ll be part of a fantastic team. We’re passionate about what we do, have fun while doing it and work with the best people in their fields.
- Top-notch technology equipment – whatever you need to do your job the best way possible.
- Light infused, 7th floor office in the heart of Berlin with a rooftop terrace and chill out areas, table tennis, table soccer and shower facilities as well as yoga classes, running groups etc,
- The job will enable you to build a strong network of companies and specialists as we belong to the FinLeap Family.
- Regular team events – we celebrate our success together.
- We believe in personal growth and development. Share your personal aims with us and let’s achieve them together!
What will make you succeed?
- Very good knowledge of Java 8 and Spring, around 5 years of experience would be ideal.
- Experience with popular Web frameworks, ideally Spring MVC or even WebFlux.
- Expertise in building APIs: understanding HTTP protocol, REST principles, API-Gateways, testing and documenting it with Swagger.
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases: MySQL, mongodb and redis.
- Experience in applying solid engineering: unit and integration testing, writing clean maintainable code, maintain caching, CI/CD, monitoring.
- Ideally, you built event driven systems using message busses like RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- You have a growth mindset and openness to new challenges that will help us to develop our product and constantly improve it to meet our (very) high standards.
- Using your excellent English communication skills you are able to work together with experienced entrepreneurs, industry experts and the rest of the development teams.
- A strong believe that hard work and success must be celebrated constantly.
- Eagerness to develop yourself in an excellent learning culture and work together with a highly motivated and experienced team.
Does that sound like you? If so apply here and let’s talk more about it!