Backend Developer – Operations and Logistics // Baze
We believe that everybody is entitled to an understanding of their nutrient levels and how to improve their health. We have developed a personalized nutrient platform which offers our customers tailored vitamins for their specific needs.
Baze was founded in 2015 and has offices in Germany, Switzerland and the United States. We are looking to strengthen our technology team in the Berlin office and are searching for an experienced Backend Developer to start at the earliest convenience.
In our Berlin office we are designing, optimizing and automating the processes and the overall structure of our international operations and logistics. Taking responsibility for the tech, we expect the ideal candidate to drive the development of all tools, manage existing and new APIs alongside their respective procedures.
We are seeking a capable problem-solver who is able to multitask and find out-of-the-box solutions where needed. It is important that the candidate is able to use and adapt to our existing systems while also noting areas of improvement.
This role is of strategic importance and therefore requires a candidate to take ownership of their work. They should be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment where their initiative and development will have a visible and immediate impact on the business.
What you’ll do
- Design, review and implement features, APIs, and code.
- Review and integrate third party services and other new technologies into Baze’s setup.
- Act as part of our interdisciplinary team of developers, designers and scientists.
- Collaborate across all stakeholders to deliver technical solutions to their needs.
- Work to build backend services as well as performing root cause analysis investigation.
- Build performant, scalable, secure, well-tested, and maintainable features.
What you’ll bring
- Strong communication skills in English both written and verbal; a proficient level of German would be a plus.
- Strategic, analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a backend developer.
- You are true team player who is able to give and take feedback within a friendly and honest environment.
- Experience in a healthtech or an e-commerce environment is a plus.
- Experience in integrating, specifying and extending APIs (RESTful, GraphQL).
- A master’s degree in computational sciences, bioinformatics or an equivalent, proven qualification.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape a high-growth, dynamic and purpose-driven consumer brand
- An environment in which your work will be appreciated
- A beautiful office in one of the most exciting areas of Berlin
- A highly collaborative environment with a creative, talented and dedicated team
- Monthly personalized vitamins tailored to your needs.
Baze provides a family-friendly environment. We learn every day how different people can be, so of course, we seek and support diversity and inclusion when hiring. If you’re interested in working with us, remember we don’t hire workers, we hire people with fresh ideas, passion and enthusiasm for what we do. If that’s you, then tell us all about it.