Backend Developer (m/f) // Mimi Hearing Technologies
We are looking for a Backend Developer (m/f) as a full-time position for our office in Berlin.
This can be your workplace:
Our vision is to be the standard for personalized audio by 2020, in a world where hearing loss is no barrier to sound enjoyment. We are developing a data-driven audio experience which tests your ears, protects your ears, and adjusts sound to match your unique hearing ability. Giving you the crisp, clear sound which you deserve.
The Mimi team is a diverse group of innovators with expertise in audio engineering, product development, business design, and communication. The origins of our team are deeply rooted in psychoacoustics. Our Hearing Test is the most accurate hearing test app in the App Store, while Mimi Music is revolutionizing the way people listen to music.
Joining Mimi means you‘ll help shape innovative products in an emerging market.We are a growing team of 40 learners, with regular team breakfasts, team building exercises, and our annual boating trip. Our company is self-organized through Holacracy which means clear structures and processes, high transparency, and distributed authority.
As a Backend Developer at Mimi you will:
- Use excellent judgment when evaluating implementation strategies and technical trade-offs
- Work closely with one of Mimi’s founders to develop and maintain our NodeJS backend
- Ship early and often and ship things we can all be proud of
- Refactor legacy code
- Set up CI and CD for our backend
- Not be afraid to make mistakes and teach other team members how to avoid them
- Write unit and integration tests
- Review lots of PRs
What we need from you:
- Readiness to take deep dives into our Node JS backend
- Significant knowledge developing and debugging in *nix
- Experience working with MongoDB
- Fluent in English with great communication skills
It would be great if you have:
- Experience spinning up, provisioning, and maintaining servers
- A BS/MS degree in computer science, engineering or a related study
- An interest in audio, music, or sound
- Experience contributing to open source projects
What you’ll get from us:
- An open, airy work environment in Mitte, the heart of Berlin
- Full responsibility of your own projects in our holacratic organization
- Be part of a culture which nourishes personal growth as the base for company growth
- Work together with an international and diverse team
- Bi-weekly company breakfast, regular company dinners, and team events on a monthly basis
- Receive a competitive compensation package