Backend Developer (Node.js) f/m // Nowtilus
Nowtilus (Berlin / Halle) is seeking a Backend Developer (Node.js) f/m.
Nowtilus provides video content services for Broadcasters, Content Producers, Studios and Service Providers such as Video Platforms and Telcos.
Our platform NEMO Bridge® includes Asset, Metadata, License and Royalty Management, as well as a cloud-based Workflow Orchestration Platform for IP Video Delivery built on a micro-service architecture. It allows to simply manage workflows across 3rd party components and cloud media services to stream Live TV, to prepare Video-on-Demand assets and to enable the monetization with Dynamic Ad-Insertion. It is integrated with public cloud services to provide end-to-end media workflows for IP-based services and IPTV delivery in broadcast-like quality.
We want to be the leading provider in our industry. That’s why we’re establishing our new generation – the Nemo Bridge 2.0 SaaS Platform – in fields of License and Royalty management, digital asset management, metadata management, transformation of linear TV into digital media assets, transformation of video assets back into new TV channels, dynamic advertisement insertion and more.
At Nowtilus, we offer you a job in the exciting and innovative field of Video and Entertainment with a competitive salary.
- You will be working in a small but very committed and experienced team with flat hierarchies.
- You will be located in a central office in Berlin Mitte /Prenzlauer Berg (U2 Senefelder Platz) facing the skyline of Berlin and a wide view over the roofs of the city, with a great variety of life style shops just around the corner.
- Alternatively, our Halle / Saale Office, which is located centrally as well with a stunning view above the city just 5 min walking distance from the central train station.
- You will have flexible working hours with the possibility to work remotely.
- You will be using the latest technologies like Node.JS, Express, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, MySQL, Gitlab, REST APIs, React, Jest, Nginx, Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes, Ansible, Linux, Serverless Functions, Cloud Queues, Microsoft Azure.
- You will evaluate and research how we can use Blockchain, IOT and AI Technologies to solve the biggest problems of our industry, and implement new products on top of them where it makes sense.
- You will find an employer who supports your participation in industrial events, workshops and advanced trainings.
- We are Agile without the Buzzword. We are constantly improving our ways of working with the team. Ideas, feedback and suggestions are welcome and taken seriously.
Your responsibilities at Nowtilus will include:
- Conceptualize, build and operate new product features for our Nemo Bridge 2.0 Software as a Service Platform.
- Adopt a real end to end responsibility for our Product – it’s our product, and we have to take care of it from every perspective.
- Develop and integrate 3rd Party Components with our Platform.
- Develop and integrate client-specific features in our client projects.
- Work jointly with our clients, users and product owners to work out new features.
- Modifying and extend the web frontend to unlock new functionality.
- Documentation and quality assurance.
- Interest in new technologies – help us evaluate how we can use Blockchain and AI to solve the biggest problems in the video entertainment industry.
We expect you to show personal interest and to have technical experience and knowledge in IP based Live TV and Video-on-Demand fields. It is an advantage if you have worked as a Backend Developer for bigger IT and/or Media companies before.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Web-Development (in major projects) using Node.JS with Express Framework or similar.
- Very good knowledge in database technologies such as MongoDB, plus experience with relational database systems.
- Hands-own experience with DevOps concepts – Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Delivery, automating using technologies like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform etc., and version control mechanisms with Git.
- Experienced in TDD, BDD and automated testing procedures.
- Skillful handling of Linux and Virtualization and Containerization (using Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes and more), and how to deploy and manage a micro-service architecture in this context.
- Hands-on experience with using at least one Cloud Provider – experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus.
- Proficiency in designing, building and integrating REST-APIs.
- Web-frontend experience – using frameworks like React, Angular or Ember – is a plus.
- Experience with agile and lean methodologies – Scrum and Kanban, pair programming, code reviews, continuous delivery.
- English language in both written and verbal is required, German is a plus.
If this sounds like the right place and position for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please send us your resume with your salary expectation.