Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We’re a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
At Contentful we collect and centralize all data from the different components of our microservice based platform. We connect the data of our platform with other services like Intercom, Zendesk, and several other services that we use to interact and communicate with our users.
As we grow we add services to our -based infrastructure that process and transmit data across all services and data warehouse.
As a Backend Engineer – Data Pipelines, you will work across the entire Contentful platform Stack together with our Infrastructure, Backend and Frontend engineers to ensure that data is consistently flowing and that it is collected and analyzed.
You will also be responsible for continually iterating and innovating our Data Warehouse and procedures.
Ideally, you have already worked with backend systems that deal with pubsub systems (AMQP, Kafka, Kinesis) with data-centric workloads that require significant optimization from a point of view of memory and IO management.
- Create and deploy services on our infrastructure that transport and transform data across internal and external systems and platforms
- Maintain and administer the based service deployment
- Architect PubSub event systems and model them at the transport and schema for the events
- Collaborate with Data Engineers on maintaining the Datawarehouse ( ) and evolve services to enrich data model and serve analytics and generation of insights
- You can deliver in autonomy backend services like APIs Endpoints, message producers, and consumers
- Solid, professional knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages in the context of data processing: Python, Java Script, Ruby, Golang
- You have strong modeling and optimization knowledge for production and analytics workloads
- Familiarity with is a must
- Experience with PubSub/Stream data products like or Kinesis or Kafka is required
- Experience with Elasticsearch a plus
At Contentful you will work in an engineering-centered environment where you will encounter many like-minded people. We employ state-of-the-art technologies and you can experiment with latest tools and systems (we use Snowplow , Looker and Periscope just to name a few). What’s more, you get to work with bright people who want to solve hard problems. For us, the best ideas and most impactful analyses win.
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team’s processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We’ll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!