Backend Engineer node.js // Share the Meal
As a backend engineer for ShareTheMeal you will be responsible for the technical development of our node.js-based API as well as for our AWS-based server and network infrastructure which serves thousands of concurrently active users.
You will integrate our backend with various third party services and extend it with new functionalities in close cooperation with our mobile app developers. Iterating and a/b testing new features and helping us personalize the user experience will also be part of your job.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience in developing and designing backend architectures
- Strong knowledge of node.js development and embracing principles of clean code, test driven development and agile development processes
- Experience building large-scale backends designed to serve thousands or more concurrently active users
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A multicultural and friendly team with people from all over the world
- Flexible office environment
- Connecting you with a large network of companies and people from around the world
- Last but definitely not least, this is your opportunity to make this world a better place! You will help end global hunger as part of the United Nations.
Our backend is written in node.js and runs on AWS (EC2, S3, Opswork, Cloudwatch, SNS, CloudFront, Route53, Amazon RDS, etc.) with Continuous Integration and Test Automation. We develop native on iOS with Swift and in Java for Android. Other tools include Contentful and Loco.
Does this sound like something you want to be a part of? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Berlinstartupjobs.
(f/m) stands for (either female or male) and is a necessary attribute within job descriptions in various countries.