Backend Engineer // Onefootball
- Write code that your co-workers appreciate for its readability and elegance.
- Work on a growing set of backend services that bring the latest scores, match highlights and statistics for hundred of competitions to our users in no time by closely cooperating with our Product team.
- Read and analyse data from our data providers, process and deliver it to our user base via the latest web technologies: mobile push notifications, WebSockets and more.
- Be responsible for delivering features and APIs on the backend service side in close cooperation with our Frontend and Apps teams.
Who we’re looking for
- You have experience in developing and maintaining fast, scalable and well-documented APIs.
- You know exactly what scalability, caching and load testing mean.
- You have developed backend services using Go.
- Experience in other languages such as Java, PHP or Python is welcome.
- You are able to design data models for relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL as well as for any kind of NoSQL data store including MongoDB, Redis and others.
- You’re convinced that the best backend is made of simple, easy-to-understand building blocks that form a reliable system.
- You know the current trends in architecture and web services.
- Experience in SCRUM is a plus.
- You effectively and clearly communicate with team members.
- And if you’re a football fan, all the better.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →