BACKEND ENGINEER – Scala (M/F) // iamsmart
iamsmart is a Berlin based startup in the smart home Internet of Things sector. We’re a team of inspired professionals from all fields who believe that smart technologies can transform the way we live today. With this team of ambitious minds, we are developing innovative products to make future homes more comfortable, secure and self-sustaining – today. We are lifting the smart home out of the gadget space and pursue it’s real purpose, to improve our lives.
What we really are? We are inspired to make the Smart Home have a heart.
- Developing new features using Scala
- Building cool services using REST APIs and MQTT
- Being a valuable player in the companies Scrum process
- Building the brain that manages over 1mio households
- Empower users to control their Smart Home devices at home
- At least 1 year experience in the individual development of Scala applications
- You understand of Scala and its core principles
- At least 2 years of experience in developing in Java
- AKKA, Play Framework & Flink are not new to you.
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- You love to share your ideas and know how to communicate them
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
- We belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take
- Responsibility for your role from day one
- An agile environment you will love
- Flat hierarchy, awesome culture
- A pretty cool office in Berlin ‘Mitte’ + a free gym membership
- Awesome international start-up atmosphere: Work Hard, Party Harder
You think Smart Home is one of the greatest things in the world and you share our passion for that topic?
We would love to get to know you!!
But please don’t write us a book…
Generic cover letters are as bad as broken radiator in winter.
A compact description of yourself and your achievements will do! :)
>>>Join and shape the future of our homes together with us!< <<