Backend Software Engineer – all levels // 99chairs
- Help 99chairs build a robust and scalable backend API that enables our front-end applications (website and mobile).
- Planning and development of back-end system with strong emphasis on code quality and structure.
- Responsible for designing and architecturing the back-end application.
- Dive into hard problems and successfully deliver great results on schedule
- Work closely with product managers, designers & other engineering team members to roll out new features and improve existing ones.
- Integration with 3rd Party APIs and systems.
Your skills & experience
- Professional hands-on experience in software development specially back-end development.
- Ability to write clean and modular code with emphasis on code quality.
- Good experience writing automated unit and integration test cases.
- Experience building and deploying complex web platforms and APIs.
- Knowledge about the various software engineering practices,concepts and tools used in professional software development like code reviews, version control, build processes, continuous integration, test automation etc.
- Our tech stack includes: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, ElasticSearch, Redis, Docker amongst other. Experience in these technologies (although not mandatory) is highly desirable.
- Experience working in any Object Oriented language that’s used for web application development.
- Ability to take ownership for your work and work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
More reasons to work at 99chairs
- A flat work environment with innovative decision making processes. We don’t just say this, but do our very best to make sure that everyone’s voice is being heard.
- Flexible work hours and environment. As long as you get things done and are aligned with your team, you have complete autonomy over your work-life.
- A kitchen fully stocked with healthy snacks & drinks as well as weekly team lunches.
- A BVG ticket to brighten up your commute
- The possibility to furnish your home with our amazing discount rates.
Are you the right fit?
We are looking for people that are smart entrepreneurs at heart, who love responsibility and bring projects and ideas forward – every single day. We love constant learners, team players, and people who agree that strong teams are built based on honesty!
*99chairs is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.