Backend Software Engineer – Web Application Development (m/f/d) // Vimcar
Vimcar is redefining fleet management for SMBs by seamlessly integrating commercial vehicles into digital ecosystems. An innovative combination of live car data and a set of cloud-based, cross-platform applications for drivers and fleet managers offer real-time insight into vehicle activity to reduce operational cost and ensure legal compliance. Vimcar already serves more than 30,000 customers in Germany and is headquartered in Berlin with currently more than 75 employees.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer, who is eager to join our team for building exciting new features and services for our customers.
Our Technology Stack
- We focus on the application layer! Our cloud-native Service-Oriented-Architecture is making use of managed AWS services like RDS, DynamoDB, ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS or Kinesis.
- API-first! All clients communicate with our backend via RESTful, JSON-based APIs, fully documented by OpenAPI/Swagger.
- Without exception: all deployments are fully automated and based on Docker or AWS Lambda.
- Data goes where it is handled most efficiently. We rely on PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Redis and ElasticSearch.
- You will be an essential part of one of our cross-functional Scrum teams
- With a strong product focus you and your team build & operate new features for our customers.
- You maintain and evolve existing applications and make sure, those are keeping up with our continuous growth and provide the best possible user experience.
- You design and evolve APIs, which serve functionality to our mobile and web clients as well as external partners.
- We understand DevOps as a software engineering culture. You will deploy your code to production, relying on our highly automated continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure.
- You have 2 or more years experience in building and operating applications
- You have worked with scalable applications and know the concepts of service-oriented or microservices architectures.
- Terms like CQRS, OAuth, JWT or Streams aren’t just buzz words for you. Having hands-on experience with any of those is a big plus.
- You are able to model data structures “with” and “with No” SQL, appreciate the differences and you know how to choose the optimal database system for a specific use case.
- Designing and building applications with a cloud-native mindset and using Docker is self-evident for you.
- You value the benefits of startups, because they offer a lot of freedom. In turn you are ready to take on responsibility.
- You have experience with test automation and Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
Our Offer to you
The year 2018 will be crucial for Vimcar’s growth and everyone is working towards our goal, to redefine Fleet Management. Vimcar provides the best of two worlds: We offer you a stable and professional working environment as well as additional fun benefits like a gym membership or a subsidy to Berlin’s public transportation.