Senior BI Analyst // Taxfix
What is Taxfix?
Taxfix is a well-funded tech startup in the heart of Berlin. It is our mission to make tax declarations easy!
We believe that everybody, regardless of their income, deserves to get the maximum out of their tax returns. This is why we want to provide everyone with a personalized tax accountant at their fingertips. Today, Taxfix allows you to file taxes in 25 minutes, no tax knowledge required, no stress, and no forms. Our App offers a chat-like interface to guide you through the process and gives you the maximum return.
Our team has a proven record of creating products that help people improve their lives. We share a passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. We are a small international team of smart, passionate and hardworking people who value non-bureaucratic processes and open communication.
We work in a multidisciplinary product team and we build elegant user interfaces using an exciting tech stack of React Native for our iOS & Android apps. Our data stack consists of Google cloud based infrastructure consisting of PostgreSQL and Python based ETL workflows.
At Taxfix we take data very seriously. We rely on data to drive our business and product decisions and to guide us on our quest to build the best user experience for our app. We are looking for an experienced BI Analyst to join our existing data team.
- Own the data visualization and reporting processes of Taxfix ensuring that it’s well documented, reproducible and automated
- Lead the development, planning and implementation of digital analytics tools
- Advise teams on the best methods to acquire relevant, actionable insights for their needs
- Communicate your findings to diverse stakeholders
- Work closely with data scientists and data engineers to design and maintain scalable data models and pipelines
- Passion for product development and user experience just as we do
- Strong analytical background and 4+ years experience in a BI role
- The ability to design and implement metrics, dashboards, and reports
- Experience in using SQL (Postgres, MySQL and/ or BigQuery)
- Experience in querying Cloud-hosted infrastructures
- The ability to implement and proactively research new ways to maintain data models to unlock actionable insights and improve processes
- The passion to dig deep in data to acquire valuable insights beyond what’s obvious
- Previous experience with BI/ data visualization tools ( e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Comfortable liaising with stakeholders of all levels
- Able to develop initiatives on ensuring data quality, accuracy and reliability
- Able to work independently and own a project, but you also love team work
- Pragmatic and work autonomously with a strong positive attitude and overcome challenges with passion
Nice to haves
- Marketing/ business analytics experience
- Experience with Python (Pandas)
- Experience working in a Mobile and/or Fintech Product
- Experience in data warehousing
- You will redefine the way people handle their taxes
- You shape the data-driven decisions of a new and innovative product from early-on
- You have impact on company success
- A great team you will have fun working with
- A competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible working hours and a great office location in Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg)
- Mac / Apple hardware and standing desks.
- Tuesday’s company brunch.
- Regular company events.
If you feel excited about the idea of being part of Taxfix we are looking forward to receiving your application.