Big Data Engineer (m/f) // HelloFresh
About the job
As a Big Data Engineer at HelloFresh, you will be collaborating to build one of the most advanced big data platforms in Europe. You will develop distributed services that processes data in near-time and real-time, with focus on scalability, data quality and integration of machine learning models.
- Plan, Implement and maintain distributed, service-oriented and message-oriented data platform components
- Design, build, and maintain data ingestion, ETLs and infrastructure for batch and near real time processing.
- Build and maintain Business Intelligence and reporting solutions.
You can get a taste of what we’ve been working on by checking out our engineering blog.
Who we’re looking for
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in Software Engineering
- Fluency in Python and OOP
- Experience with Apache Spark, Hive, Impala, and Kafka
- Experience with Hadoop, plus distributions like Cloudera, MapR or Hortonworks
- Experience with RDBMS such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Redis or Cassandra
- Agile team-working experience
- Test-Driven Development
- Preferred: Experienced with data modelling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions
- Preferred: Experience with Amazon AWS and DevOps and Automation
- Preferred: Familiarity with performance metric tools
- Preferred: Knowledge of visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview)
What we offer
- The opportunity to get into one of the most intellectually demanding roles at one of the largest technology companies in Europe
- Cutting edge technology, allowing you to work with state-of-the-art tools and software solutions
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere
- Work in a modern, spacious office in the heart of Berlin with excellent transport links and employee perks
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date and salary expectations.
We’re committed to making HelloFresh as inclusive as we can be. As part of that commitment we chose to be transparent about our diversity data. To enable us to build an accurate picture of our workforce, we ask some optional questions in our application process.