Blockchain Data Scientist // Glassnode
At Glassnode we are bringing data intelligence to the blockchain and cryptocurrency space. Glassnode builds applications that provide new ways of delivering insights into blockchains and cryptocurrencies by focusing on the most important input source in the space: data from the blockchains themselves.
Using data science and machine learning, Glassnode analyses blockchain data and distils information, thereby providing market intelligence based on transactional data. With an emphasis on user-centric interfaces, we aim at delivering intelligible, actionable and unique insights from blockchain data and beyond, helping investors to make educated decisions in an overly emotional and irrational market, as well as equipping blockchain teams with valuable insights on their projects and tokens.
We’re an ambitious team of researchers, builders and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in the crypto space and passionate about digital currencies.
Join us in our offices in Berlin and embark on a challenging journey shaping innovative products in the revolutionary sphere of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. You’ll have a chance to develop professionally and personally, work on unique and challenging problems, engaging in blockchain data, distributed systems and high scalability.
We are looking for an experienced data scientist to work on our research and development team on diverse data challenges within the cryptocurrency space. You are curious, creative, and self-dependent, eager to jump into the world of blockchains and cryptocurrencies, munging, analysing, modelling and mining blockchain data. You will be exploring and dissecting the Ethereum, Bitcoin and other blockchains, analysing blocks, addresses, transactions, and smart contracts, performing network analyses, clustering and visualising data, extracting patterns and insightful information. Your results will feed into Glassnode’s data-driven products to increase transparency of blockchains for investors, traders, and enthusiasts of cryptocurrencies and blockchain projects.
- Degree in applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or related quantitative field. MS or PhD preferred.
- 2+ years working experience in data science or a related field
- Exceptional programming skills in Python and its open-source data science ecosystem (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, jupyter notebooks)
- Experience in data mining and munging, statistical analysis, and machine learning (both supervised and unsupervised) using state-of-the-art methods
- Experience with network analysis
- Good knowledge of SQL and interacting with databases (e.g. Postgres, InfluxDB)
Nice to haves
- Experience working with blockchain data
- Software development skills
- Knowledge of Docker
- Knowledge of Go
- You are a crypto enthusiast!
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous learning budget
- Possibility to attend conferences
- Flexibility in the work environment (moving desks, home office)
- The possibility to step into the groundbreaking world of blockchains and cryptocurrencies
- Access to a large amount of diverse crypto-related data to explored and analysed
- An ambitious founding team with many years of experience in the crypto space