Blockchain Data Scientist // Glassnode
With Glassnode we are bringing transparency to the blockchain and cryptocurrency space. Glassnode builds applications that provide new ways of delivering crystal clear insights into blockchains and cryptocurrencies.
At its core, Glassnode is a data analytics tool that aggregates and visualizes a large amount of different data sources. With a particular focus on blockchain data and user-centric interfaces, we aim at delivering intelligible, actionable and unique insights from the crypto world, helping investors to make educated decisions in the overly emotional and irrational market, as well as equipping blockchain teams with valuable insights on their projects and tokens.
We are looking for an experienced data scientist to work on diverse data
challenges within the cryptocurrency space. You are curious, creative, and self-dependent, willing to jump in to the world of blockchains and cryptocurrencies, munging, analysing, modelling and mining crypto data from a variety of sources with a focus on blockchain data. You will be exploring and dissecting the Ethereum and Bitcoin blockchains, analysing blocks, addresses, transactions, and smart contracts, performing network analyses, visualising data, extracting patterns and insightful information, and building anomaly detection algorithms. Your results will feed into Glassnode’s data-driven products to increase transparency of blockchains for investors, traders, and enthusiasts of cryptocurrencies and blockchain projects.
- Degree in applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or related quantitative field. MS or PhD preferred
- Extensive working experience in data science or a related field
- Exceptional programming skills in Python and its open-source data science ecosystem (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, jupyter notebooks)
- Experience in data mining and munging, statistical analysis, and machine learning using state-of-the-art methods
Nice to haves
- Experience with software development
- Knowledge of Docker
- Knowledge of Go
- Experience working with time series data
- Experience working with blockchain data
- You are a crypto enthusiast!
Joining the project, you embark on a challenging journey shaping the innovative product in a revolutionary sphere of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. You’ll have a chance to develop professionally and personally, work on unique and challenging problems of data collection, distributed systems and high scalability.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous learning budget
- Possibility to attend conferences
- Flexibility in work environment (moving desks, home office)
- Access to a large amount of diverse crypto-related data to explored and analysed
- An ambitious founding team with many years of experience in the crypto space