Business Intelligence Developer (m/f) / Berlin // Pepper.com
Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips, and ideas, connecting members in 14 countries on 3 continents.
The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte/Brazil, Guadalajara/Mexico, London /United Kingdom, Lyon/France and Mumbai/India and runs market-leading platforms such as mydealz (Germany), HotUKDeals (United Kingdom), Dealabs (France) and 11 more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate BI Developer to join our BI team in Berlin. As BI developer, you will play a central role in our data-driven strategy crafting high quality and elegant code. Moreover, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining our Data Warehouse and reporting layer.
At Pepper.com, we rely on data to drive our business decisions and to guide us in our search to build the best user experience. That’s why our BI team plays a central role in our data-driven strategy, designing and developing our infrastructure, processes and analytics capabilities. We make the large amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query.
Your responsibilities would include:
- You fully understand our Data Warehouse landscape and data mart units
- You design and optimize strategies for our ETL processes and data models
- You perform analytical tasks which involve the complete chain of data acquisition, cleansing, manipulation, analysis, and presentation
- You continuous improve the reporting infrastructure (Data Warehouse / BI toolset / infrastructure)
- You interact with business stakeholders to communicate complex information in understandable business orientated language
- You develop the Data Warehouse based on real-time event data through MySQL server using Pentaho data pipelines and other BI solutions
- You understand business needs, resolve data discrepancies and definition mismatches
- You ensure that the Business Intelligence Data Warehouse is the single source of truth for our company data
- You extract, transform and load data from external and internal data sources
- You continuously refine your knowledge about the data warehouse, as well as your understanding of the supported business domains
The qualities we are looking for are:
- You have a Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar fields
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience working on BI-related topics including development and maintenance of ETL processes and data warehouse
- You are up to date with current technology and always eager to learn new things
- You gained significant conceptual, logical and/or physical experience in data modeling, data discovery and the application of data to solve business problems
- You are proficient in SQL and familiar with concepts of database design.
- You have experience with distributed analytics databases and real-time data streaming
- You gained significant experience in developing physical dimensional models, OLAP processes or data visualisations
- You know all the nooks and crannies of MySQL Server and Pentaho data integration and love building your data loads using these tools
- You have knowledge of reporting tools such as Tableau and Microsoft Power BI
Some perks of working for Pepper are:
- Any tech equipment/gadgets you want
- Flexible working hours
- Awesome team of passionate developers to work with
- Great office on Torstr. (close to Rosenthaler Platz) in the heart of the startup scene in Berlin
- Monthly “Hack” days for learning new technologies and skills
- Competitive compensation package, as well as relocation assistance, if required
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter and a clearly arranged CV.