Business Intelligence Developer (m/f) // momox
momox is Germany’s leading online buying-and-selling service, where everyone can turn their books, films, CDs, games and clothes into money. Via www.momox.de and the momox app (iOS and Android) we buy used products at fixed prices. We offer the purchased items for sale in our online shops www.medimops.de (media) and www.ubup.com (fashion) and other marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay, faithful to the slogan “We give products a second life” Since starting, we have grown to become a company of 1,300 dedicated people at four locations in Berlin, Leipzig, Neuenhagen and Stettin. We are active in Germany, Austria, France and Great Britain. In 2016 our employees generated a revenue of 150 million euros. Since our launch, we have bought to sell more than 125 million items.
The people working for us are as diverse as our products. Logistics experts, team players, communication geniuses, creative minds, IT specialists and many more give their best at our four locations. We are still looking for new enthusiastic colleagues.
If you want to be part of this success story, work in an ambitious and loyal team and are seeking a performance challenge please continue reading.
- You are responsible for the design and implementation of BI solutions (DWH, ETL, monitoring, etc.)
- It is your responsibility to implement work packages within projects
- You take care of ensuring the operation of the BI application and its continuous improvement (monitoring, alerting)
- You optimize the execution of technical and substantive tests, in addition you create use cases in cooperation with the BI analysts
- You are responsible for processing ad-hoc requests for data, reporting or further analysis questions
- You are involved in creation and definition of regular reports, dashboards and KPI
- You have a successfully completed degree in (business) computer science, business economics with a focus on (economic) computer science, natural sciences or a comparable education
- You have expertise in the use of cloud storage solutions (BigQuery, S3, Redshift) as well as relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- As a plus, you are already familiar with non-relational databases (MongoDB, Hadoop, MapReduce)
- You could gather deep experience in ETL processes, API integration and automated processing of structured as well as unstructured data
- You are familiar with connecting and modeling data in SQL as well as subsequently including this into associated reporting and visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Qlikview)
- Preferably, you have knowledge of software development (such as Python, R, Java) or a similar analytically oriented programming language is a plus
- You have a strong passion for data analytics and understanding of business processes
THAT MAKES MOMOX ATTRACTIVE
- We like to keep it practical. You will be working in an agile sphere with everything that comes with that – however, without infinite meetings
- We are open to new tools and technologies and use them if it makes sense
- We love challenges
- You will have the opportunity to develop both your professional and your private skills by attending special events and conferences
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Exciting tasks and challenges in the center of Berlin
- Agile work environment with flat hierarchies
- Motivated, open-minded teams with openness for new impulses
- Support for open source projects
- Lounge with table football and PlayStation
- Work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Fit on the job through running groups, cooperation with the Urban Sports Club and healthy lunch from smunch.co
- Employee benefits such as discounted public transport ticket, day care allowances, shopping vouchers for our medimops shop, free drinks, fruits and much more
This is the right challenge for you? Apply now!