Software Engineer, Business Intelligence // GetYourGuide
GetYourGuide is busy revolutionizing the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how people discover and book things to do at their destination. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about turning our customers’ trips into amazing experiences.
Our data team is small and empowered, which means you can contribute and take ownership from day one. As a engineer focused on analytics, you will work on data pipelines, data storage and infrastructure, analytics tools, data quality and more. Our mission is to make the vast amount of data we produce organized and valuable so everyone in the company can make great decisions through insights.
Why is it important to us?
Data is the lifeblood of our growing business. It drives our decision-making on a daily basis and keeps the organization focused on the biggest and most fundamental opportunities for our customers. Being data-driven means relying on a consistent and reliable source of data and insights.
- Ownership of the data warehouse and reporting \ analytics processes (e.g. ETL, Log processing)
- Develop initiatives on ensuring data quality, accuracy and reliability
- Optimize and improve existing data pipelines to support our growth, initiatives around performance and scalability
- Develop new data pipelines and work with data scientists, data engineers and product managers to add new data sources or new views in our data
- Implement and maintain data models using business intelligence tools in order to allow our business users access the data directly and drive decisions.
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and reports
- Serve as a liaison between the product teams and the data engineering team
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a business intelligence role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Expert knowledge and expertise with SQL & OLAP
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing concepts and schema optimization based on usage patterns
- Experience in multiple RDBMS (PostgresQL, MySQL) and database administration
- Experience in developing cross platforms ETL processes, maintaining systems for tracking data quality and consistency and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex data sets
- Knowledge and direct experience in data visualization concepts using business intelligence reporting tools (Looker, Pentaho)
A few things you might have that we like
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka, Hive, Hadoop)
- Experience with data manipulation tools and libraries (e.g. Python, Pandas, R)
- Prior experience in start-up environment
- More reasons to join us
- We are headquartered in Berlin!
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 45 nationalities, we speak english but also provide german lessons
- Relocation Assistance and a great People team that has all the insights to German bureaucracy
- Quarterly Hackathons, weekly tech talks and a training budget to sharpen your skills even more
- … and of course free breakfast as well as pizza and beer happy hour on Friday
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Be sure to get recruitment tipsand check out life as an Engineer at GetYourGuide on our blog. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →