Business Intelligence Lead Engineer // FCG Germany
Frontier Car Group is changing the way used cars are bought and sold in emerging markets. The focus of FCG is to increase efficiency of these markets through technology and infrastructure creation.
At Frontier Car Group you’ll work with colleagues highly committed and passionate about what they do. Our teams are proud of their brands and products and are ready to go beyond what is needed to contribute to the company success. Your desire to innovate and experiment will always be encouraged.
We are looking for a senior BI & Analytics engineer that has the ability to grow and lead a newly formed global data team in the heart of Berlin city. You will be a strong leader who can operate autonomously and should have demonstrated experience in Data Warehouse, ETL Design and Development Expertise, Business Intelligence and Analytics.
Key Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience with Data Warehouse ETL design, development and maintenance with successful implementation of large Enterprise BI solutions
- Experience in working with RDBMS and NOSQL Databases
- Strong technical experience in designing and implementing data-intensive Data Warehouse solutions
- Experience in developing complex data transformations using ELT and ETL approach for BI Data Warehouse models
- Strong Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling (relational, dimensional data modeling)
- Experience in working with Data Warehouse environments and Analytic solutions
- Hands on experience working on Windows and Linux environments and UNIX scripting
- Excellent Program/Project Management skills, including the successful launch of a program or major project
- Expertise with proven analytical techniques on how to apply them to generate insights and recommendations.
- Must be self-starter and able to demonstrate experience working in an agile environment to deliver robust & well tested solutions
- Strong consulting background and knowledge of Power BI is a plus
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and support data warehouse infrastructure using Google Cloud and Azure technologies.
- Create ETLs to take data from various operational systems and create a unified dimensional or star schema data model for analytics and reporting
- Diagnose the most complex data and analysis problems; identify root issues and develop solutions that serve as models for future best practices.
- Influence leaders to make thoughtful data decisions to provide the most consistent and usable data for all teams across the company.
- Combine expert knowledge of statistical methodology and analysis with advanced programming skills to support complex analyses.
- Office in the city center of Berlin with a kitchen and game area, and height- adjustable tables
- Flexible working hours and option of home office
- An international team of smart and enthusiastic people
- Open mindset for new technologies and processes
- Vibrant team culture