Business Intelligence Manager, Music Startup // iMusician
Who are we?
iMusician is a digital music distributor from Switzerland with offices in Zürich and Berlin. We offer musicians worldwide everything they need to sell, manage and monetise their music online. Run by a small, passionate and international team, we do the hard work so musicians can concentrate on what they do best: making music!
What we do?
- We distribute music to hundreds of download and streaming platforms like iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer or Beatport.
- We monetise music on YouTube.
- We collect royalties from publishing or neighbouring rights from collecting societies.
Why work with us?
Because you are eager to develop your potential in a fast growing company and to help musicians to share their music with the world. Because you could see yourself working from the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg with a small international team of music lovers.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Manager with a technical flair to join our marketing department in Berlin. Though you will report directly to the CTO in Zürich, you will be working as part of the company’s marketing team to ensure all marketing needs are satisfied.
At iMusician, we rely on data to drive our business decisions and to guide our marketing strategy. As BI Manager, you will take responsibility for all business analytics of our marketing office, meaning e.g.:
- Managing, setting-up, controlling and optimizing all data tracking of our platform, from visits to E-commerce transactions (eg: Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook).
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries.
- Creating the dashboards and the reports needed by the team.
- With a strong affinity for numbers and marketing, you will be able to work closely with the different members of the team to analyse data and guide business decisions and strategy.
Furthermore, as the first and lead “technical” member of this rapidly growing office, the position demands far more than the title implies. You will overlook all tech needs either directly or indirectly (delegating or outsourcing) until these tasks can be taken over by new members. Such tasks include:
- Other marketing tasks such as testing or CRO.
- Managing the webmaster.
It can be seen that the right candidate will then build the tech team around him/herself as the team grows and evolves.
iMusician has a flexible 32 – 40 hour week policy (80% – 100%) for all its employees.
- 2-5+ years experience in Business Intelligence and E-Commerce SQL queries [Experienced]
- Implementation and debugging of E-commerce tracking such as GA, Facebook, Adwords, Mixpanel etc. [Competent]
- Experience with MVC as well as Web API/Web App thinking [Competent]
- Understanding of business and marketing KPIs and metrics [Competent]
- Capable of integrating third party platforms [Competent]
- HTML/CSS [Bonus]
- Git [Bonus]
- Shell (bash scripting), [Bonus]
- Fluent in English
- Always learning and hungry for new skills
- Striving for optimisation
- Great team player and able to work independently as well
If you are passionate about music and see yourself in this description, we would like to meet you!
Send us your application in English to jobs@iMusicianDigital.com with your EARLIEST starting date and the subject “Business Intelligence, Berlin”.