Chief Technology Officer (m/f) – Berlin // Geschenkidee.de
Our mission is to build an international company so that customers all over the world have the chance to find the most unique and perfect gifts for their loved ones. Join us and help build the leading online gift company in Europe.
This requires envisioning the company’s service offerings as a web-based business, leading implementation of web applications, and planning for risk and growth.
What we need you to do:
- Oversee IT budgets to control expenses and ensure optimal ROI.
- Evaluate, implement and maintain new technologies across web and mobile platforms.
- Define, negotiate and manage the infrastructure strategy best appropriate for our business needs.
- Ensure ongoing technical efficiency and optimization.
- Develop and direct all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information.
- Maintain and develop our international websites and mobile apps to ensure performance and scalability.
- Oversee and optimize development processes and documentation in an Agile development environment.
- Manage and develop members of the IT Department, including Back-End, Front-End and Mobile Developers.
What we need you to have:
- 3-4 years work experience in managing web and mobile application development.
- University degree in the field of computer science, business administration, or another relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
- Ability to discern user requirements and define technical architecture and specifications.
- Deep Knowledge of Magento Community Edition v1.9x (development, maintaining, scaling, performance) is a must.
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch, Laravel, HTML, CSS would be nice to have.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Experience with Server infrastructure, computer network development and maintenance.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to motivate in an international, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong communicator with fluent English.
What we offer you in return:
- A key position in our management team.
- The opportunity to work across teams and to play an essential part in the implementation of our platform strategy.
- Wonderful colleagues who will welcome you with open arms.
- Daily challenges and successes within a multicultural environment.
- Dynamic and motivated Geschenkidee family with flat hierarchies.
Curious? Please send your CV with earliest possible starting date and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact person is Jessica.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →