Senior Data Analyst // GetYourGuide
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will contribute to the vision of your team and with the different business units to establish and maintain best practices for data-driven decisions, including the data supply chain, data storage, reporting solutions, and analysis.
With 370 + employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Data team’s mission is to transform our vast amount of data into intelligent products and the best data-driven decisions. We work on a variety of problems as members of cross-functional mission teams. We focus on problems such as search relevance, personalization or marketing automation using cutting-edge algorithms and data infrastructure.
- Develop quantitative analysis to drive product and business decisions and strategy
- Explore large datasets, give meaning to data and numbers, identify opportunities, and present findings to stakeholders
- Use data to investigate and help resolve issues in our product or processes
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and reports
- Uncover data quality issues and be part of key initiatives in that area
- Serve as a liaison between the product teams and the data engineering team
- 5+ years of relevant experience interpreting data in a business intelligence, analytics, or data science / data scientist role, including relevant tools, techniques, and technology
- Strong knowledge of SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL), web and app analytics (e.g. Google Analytics), and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with reporting tools (e.g. Looker, Pentaho) and data visualization
- Desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction and with highly engaged individuals
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data tools (e.g. Spark, Hive) is a plus
- Experience with statistical packages (R, SAS, SPSS, Python)
- Experience with data modelling and warehousing concepts
- Experience teaching and mentoring others in the skills needed for this role
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide!