Data Analytics Manager // GetYourGuide
With 370 + employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
Data is the lifeblood of our growing business. It drives our decision-making on a daily basis and keeps the organization focused on the biggest and most fundamental opportunities for our customers. We’re looking for a Head of Data Analytics to lead a team of initially 4 analysts and push the envelope in understanding our customers, improve our product and drive growth.
As the head of Data Analytics, you will lead the delivery of actionable insights, reports, metrics and dashboards, in collaboration with our product, marketing, sales, finance and operation teams. You will have a large impact by establishing a strong analytics team and the practice of transforming data into actionable insights. You will lead the team, perform hands-on work on strategic projects and coach analysts to achieve the highest quality technical work.
- Lead and grow a team of talented data analysts, hiring the best talent and organizing the team to deliver insights, reports, metrics and dashboards
- Establish analytics standards, driving the quality of our data and insights forward
- Collaborate with our Data Platform team on solutions and tools for reporting and large-scale analytics
- Initiate and deliver strategic analytics projects (e.g. marketing attribution, segmentation, forecasting)
- Evolve our standard for reports and insights, and work together with mission teams on insight-driven decision making
- 5+ years of hands-on work in analytics, with a track record of driving analysis towards business and product decisions
- Experience managing, hiring, organizing and mentoring a team of individuals
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with business and functional leaders
- Proficiency in SQL and experience executing analysis using tools such as SQL, R, Python, SAS or SPSS
- Good proficiency working with A/B testing, generating insights and metrics to drive the customer understanding and product development
- Proficient analyzing large data sets with big data tools such as Spark, Hive or Hadoop
- Desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction and with highly engaged individuals
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data tools (e.g. Spark, Hive) is a plus
- Experience with statistical packages (R, SAS, SPSS, Python)
- Experience with data modelling and warehousing concepts
- Experience teaching and mentoring others in the skills needed for this role
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide!