Director of Analytics // GetYourGuide
As the Director of Analytics, you will lead the delivery of actionable insights, reports, metrics and dashboards, in collaboration with our product, marketing, sales, finance and operation teams.
With 400+ employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
Data is the lifeblood of our growing business. It drives our decision-making on a daily basis and keeps the organization focused on the biggest and most fundamental opportunities for our customers. We’re looking for a Director of Analytics to lead people and push the envelope in understanding our customers, improving our product and driving growth.
As the most senior leader in Analytics, you’ll be responsible for establishing and scaling a strong analytics organization, taking responsibility from day one. A successful candidate will be a pragmatic leader who strives to enable rapid change, has relentlessly high standards and a passion for delivering actionable insights and a culture of data-driven decision making.
- Lead and grow our data analysts and scientists, hiring the best talent and organizing the mission teams to deliver a variety of deliverables such as A/B testing analysis, attribution models, metrics design, website analytics, performance marketing analysis, customer segmentation, customer lifetime value analysis, dashboard creation etc.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of analytics initiatives within the entire organization, in close collaboration with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Initiate and deliver strategic analytics projects, in direct collaboration with the executive team
- Lead the development of analytics and reporting standards, driving the quality of our data and insights forward
- Collaborate with our Data Platform team on solutions and tools for reporting and large-scale analytics
- 3+ years of experience leading, hiring, organizing and mentoring teams of analytics individuals, preferably in marketplace, e-commerce or travel businesses
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on analytics work, with a track record of driving analysis towards business and product decisions
- Strong analytical, problem solving and quantitative skills, with ability to champion a data-driven approach to decision-making
- Passion for building and nurturing meaningful relationships with stakeholders in a high-growth, customer-focused environment
- Proficiency in quantitative methodologies and experience executing projects using tools such as SQL, R, Python, SAS or SPSS
- Experience with Big Data analysis tools or other programming languages (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Scala, Java, Hive, Looker) is a plus
- Desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction and with highly engaged individuals
- Excellent English language skills, able to communicate passionately, effectively, and persuasively across a diverse set of stakeholders
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged coworkers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com.
In the meantime, you can check our blog http://inside.getyourguide.com to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide!