Data Engineer / Data Scientist // Project A
Project A is an operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The Berlin-based investor makes use of the €220m in assets under its management to back early-stage companies in the digital technology space. With its unique organisational structure featuring 100 operational experts, Project A offers its portfolio companies hands-on support in the areas of IT, Marketing & Brand Building, Business Intelligence, Sales and Recruiting. The portfolio includes companies such as Catawiki, WorldRemit, Tictail, Contorion, nu3, Lostmy.name and ZenMate.
- You will help our business intelligence team to build data driven applications for our ventures: data warehouses, recommendation engines and CRM systems (developed in-house, based on open-source technologies). See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVMvC9Ov6Vw for an overview of how we do this
- You will integrate data from various systems into flexible and consistent representations. You will make sure that all people and IT systems in the organisation have an easy access to the data through various front-ends and interfaces
- You will advance our software architecture and tool set to growing challenges and data amounts (performance, scaling, data quality)
- You will work in an agile software development process in close collaboration with a product management team
- You have at least a master’s degree in computer science or a comparable qualification
- You have a genuine interest in data and algorithms and you are excited about solving difficult problems. You strive for efficient and robust solutions
- You master at least these basic tools of computer science: object oriented programming in multiple languages, HTTP and current web technologies, the unix command line and basic server administration, version control systems, a basic understanding of the interplay between software and memory, hard discs and the CPU
- You have profound knowledge about the inner workings of database systems.
- You are eager to delve into new technologies and programming languages (our current stack: Mac or Linux, PostgreSQL, Mondrian & MDX, Python, Java, Php, ElasticSearch)
- You have a basic understanding of mathematics and machine learning
- You will join a highly professional and motivated team
- You will have the unique opportunity to witness the launch of a newly established company and you can contribute your own ideas to its development
- You will benefit from the greatest possible creative freedom to develop your skills further
- You will enjoy a state-of-the-art, top-equipped workplace right in the center of Berlin
- You will benefit from a communicative, stimulating and inspiring environment
Are you willing to be part of an expert team?
We are looking forward to your inspiring application!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →