Data Engineer, Data Platform // GetYourGuide
With 370 + employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Data Platform team plays a central role in our data-driven strategy, designing and developing our data infrastructure, processes and analytics capabilities. We work on problems such as events pipelines, analytics or large-scale applied machine learning. The team is also responsible for making the vast amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query, so our teams can make the best data-driven decisions. We work on a modern Spark stack and our language of choice is Scala.
- Design, build and refine our data and analytics infrastructure, scaling to terabytes of data
- Grow our analytics capabilities with faster, more reliable data pipelines, and better tools
- Design and develop a real-time events pipeline and work with data scientists, backend engineers and product managers to find new ways to leverage this data
- Develop complex and efficient functions to transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components of our data lake
- Optimize and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
- You have experience designing, developing and maintaining systems at scale
- You have hands-on experience with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Hadoop)
- You write efficient, well-tested code with a keen eye on scalability and maintainability
- You possess strong CS fundamentals and are familiar with agile development
- You can learn new technologies quickly and are comfortable in a fast-paced iterative environment
- You have an analytical mind and bake your decisions with data.
- Experience with Stream processing (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis)
- Experience with AWS and cloud technologies such as S3
- Proficiency in Scala and/or Spark
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →