Data Engineer // GetYourGuide
GetYourGuide is busy revolutionizing the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how people discover and book things to do in their destination. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about turning our customers’ trips into amazing experiences.
As a member of the data team, you will play a key role in designing and developing our data infrastructure and processes. We work on problems such as events pipeline, analytics or applied machine learning at a large scale. The team is composed of data engineers and business intelligence engineers, responsible for making the vast amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query. Together, you will master these challenges with people who are really passionate about their work! The team’s skill set spans many disciplines such as big data, distributed systems, or machine learning, making it a great place to learn and gain new skills as well. In addition, we work on a modern Spark stack and our language of choice is Scala.
GetYourGuide is the world’s largest marketplace for tour and activities with more than 30,000 things to do in a destination. There’s an immense potential in making the travelling experience better with the help of data and algorithms and we’re looking to you for help!
- Design, build and refine our data and analytics infrastructure, scaling to terabytes of data
- Grow our analytics capabilities with faster, more reliable data pipelines, and better tools
- Design and develop a real-time events pipeline and work with data scientists, backend engineers and product managers to find new ways to leverage this data
- Develop complex and efficient functions to transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components of our data lake
- Optimize and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
- You have experience designing, developing and maintaining complex data architectures
- You have hands-on experience with big data technologies
- You have experience with systems capable of complex data transformations (e.g. Spark, Hadoop)
- You write efficient, well-tested code with an keen eye on scalability and maintainability
- You possess strong CS fundamentals and are familiar with agile development
- You can learn new technologies quickly and are comfortable in a fast-pace iterative environment
- You can explain complex solutions to other engineers or product managers
- You have an analytical mind and bake your decisions with data
A few things you might have that we like:
- Experience with data warehousing and ETL concepts
- Experience with AWS and cloud technologies such as S3
- Exposure to statistical and data mining techniques
More reasons to join us
- We are headquartered in Berlin!
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 45 nationalities, we speak English but also provide German lessons
- Relocation Assistance and a great People team that has all the insights to German bureaucracy
- Quarterly Hackathons, weekly tech talks and a training budget to sharpen your skills even more
… and of course free breakfast as well as the classic pizza and beer on Friday
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life as an Engineer at GetYourGuide on our blog. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →