Data Engineer (m/f) // byrd
byrd is a logistics start-up which aims to make e-commerce logistics a simple and effortless experience. The company helps commercial online sellers to ship their products around the world by offering easy access to professional logistics at competitive prices. byrd was founded in 2016, is growing rapidly, and is already a trusted solution for numerous online sellers and industry leaders such as Austrian Postal Services or the Accor Hotel group.
Currently we are in the process of building up our data department and therefore we are looking for a Data Engineer (m/f) to join our team in Berlin (favorably) or Vienna.
Even though the responsibilities will be mostly evolving around data engineering, there will be plenty of opportunity and necessity to learn and engage in other fields such as Data Analytics, Data Science and BI, as our data department is still in infant stage. You can be part of building up our data department pretty much from scratch, side by side with one of the co-founders who is talking the lead as Chief Data Officer.
What you will mainly do
- Building up and maintaining our Amazon Redshift data warehouse
- Taking the lead in further developing a senseful and sustainable data model for our company
- Creating and maintaining an optimal data pipeline architecture and continually add data sources from third party services/APIs
- Take charge in identifying and implementing internal process improvements and automations
- Closely work together with one of the co-founders building up our data department
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience with SQL, relational databases (ideally PostgreSQL), Amazon Redshift
- Experience with other AWS Cloud Services: EC2, AWS Glue, RDS
- Experience with building data pipelines and using third party APIs, most commonly JSON REST
- Experience in scripting, e.g. using Python
- Drive, proactiveness, flexibility, eagerness to learn
- Work permit in the EU
What you can expect from byrd
- Become part of a young company that is driven to change the logistics market and offer a superior customer experience
- Make meaningful contributions which have a direct impact on the company’s actions and are valued by the team
- Work directly with the founders and a team of skilled engineers and managers
- Manage your own time through flexible working hours
- Have a good time with international colleagues in our Vienna or Berlin office, also in the course of team building activities
- A cool office with our warehouse outside of the room, free drinks and regular team events
- Free and sportive membership at the Urban Sports Club (Berlin) / myClubs (Vienna)
Up for it?