Data Scientist (Data Product) // GetYourGuide
With 370 + employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Data team’s mission is to transform our vast amount of data into intelligent products and the best data-driven decisions. We work on a variety of problems as members of cross-functional mission teams. We focus on problems such as search relevance, personalization or marketing automation using cutting-edge algorithms and data infrastructure.
- Build data products that satisfy our customers and boost our business.
- Develop your ideas from hypothesis testing over prototyping to code in production.
- Identify new product opportunities based on the vast amount of data we collect and store.
- Specify your data needs to make our data lake as efficient as possible for your algorithms.
- Support the growth of a world-class data team by participating in recruiting, team building and mentoring.
- Machine Learning You apply regressors, classifiers, and recommenders. You understand in detail how the ML models work, what are their strengths and weaknesses.
- Software Engineering You are fluent in a modern programming language (Scala). You’ve already brought code into production in a professional environment. Working knowledge on distributed systems (Spark) is a plus.
- Analytics You are able to transform data into wisdom. You know how to test hypothesis. You are proficient in an analytics tool (pandas, R).
- Business Experience You applied the skills mentioned above in a business environment for 3+ years. A track record of result-driven work gives evidence of this.
- Academic Background You’ve learned in your master’s or PhD program how research works such that you can easily catch up with the newest scientific developments.
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide!