Data Scientist (Data Product) // GetYourGuide
With 370 + employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
About The Team
The Data team is responsible for converting our data into value. This means building a cutting-edge data infrastructure (data platform), giving our business colleagues the right insights and measures for their challenges (data analytics) as well as creating business changing learning and building products based on our data (data science). While the data platform team work is centralized, the data analysts and scientists work in cross-functional mission teams. This effort is justified since we strongly believe that our data is one of the most important assets we have.
- Design the algorithms that decide on how we interact with travelers at various touch points on and off the website and mobile apps.
- Develop your ideas from hypothesis testing over prototyping to production-ready code.
- Identify new product opportunities based on the vast amount of data we collect and store.
- Specify your data needs to make our data lake as efficient as possible for your algorithms.
- Support the growth of a world-class data team by participating in recruiting, team building and mentoring.
- Passion for making our customers’ travelling experiences seamless and memorable.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with a track record of results-driven work.
- Advanced academic degree in stochastics or a machine learning related field.
- Deep knowledge of machine learning: theory, standard implementations, and latest developments.
- Proficiency with at least one data analytics tool (R, Pandas, …).
- Fluent in a modern programming language (ideally Python or Scala), and familiar with agile concepts and version control tools.
- Good knowledge of SQL and data warehouse concepts.
- Outstanding mixture of “get things done” and “celebrating quality” mentality to organize individual work and projects.
- Great communication skills enabling you to work in functional project teams and explain technical issues to non-technical colleagues.
- Passion for your work and an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
- Practical experience in working with distributed systems (e.g. Spark, Hadoop).
- Already worked on e-commerce problems or large scale performance marketing.
- Visibility in the data science community (contributing to open-source projects, competing on Kaggle, speaking at events, …)
- Regular learning opportunities via trainings, our network of industry experts and conferences.
- Work with an international team from 50 nationalities where you are constantly learning and growing.
- We are headquartered in Berlin.
- Weekly all-hands meetings and monthly updates.
- Free breakfast, drinks and fruit everyday.
- Free pizza and beer every Friday.
- Free German classes.
- Lots of fun events and team outings, with regular learning and development opportunities.
- GetYourGuide Vouchers … to experience our products for yourself.
- Relocation assistance.
- Work in English.
- An open, friendly, energetic work environment where every voice is heard.
- Virtual Shares that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks.
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? Great! We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Please apply below and be sure to include your CV and cover letter in English.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, you can check our blog http://inside.getyourguide.com to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →