Data Scientist (Data Product) // GetYourGuide
GetYourGuide’s Data team plays a key role in designing and developing impactful data products. We work on problems such as search relevance, recommendations, categorisation or analytics. The team is composed of data scientists and data engineers, responsible end-to-end from algorithms to production code. As a member of this team, you will master these challenges together with people who are really passionate about their work! The team’s skill set spans many disciplines such as big data, distributed systems, or machine learning, making it a great place to learn and gain new skills.
GetYourGuide is the world's largest marketplace for tour and activities with more than 30,000 things to do in a destination. There's an immense potential in making the travelling experience better with the help of data and algorithms and we're looking to you for help!
- Design the algorithms that decide on how we interact with travelers at various touch points on and off the website and mobile apps.
- Develop your ideas from hypothesis testing over prototyping to production-ready code.
- Identify new product opportunities based on the vast amount of data we collect and store.
- Specify your data needs to make our data lake as efficient as possible for your algorithms.
- Support the growth of a world-class data team by participating in recruiting, team building and mentoring.
- Passion for making our customers’ travelling experiences seamless and memorable.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with a track record of results-driven work.
- Advanced academic degree in stochastics or a machine learning related field.
- Deep knowledge of machine learning: theory, standard implementations, and latest developments.
- Proficiency with at least one data analytics tool (R, Pandas, …).
- Fluent in a modern programming language (ideally Python or Scala), and familiar with agile concepts and version control tools.
- Good knowledge of SQL and data warehouse concepts.
- Outstanding mixture of “get things done” and “celebrating quality” mentality to organize individual work and projects.
- Great communication skills enabling you to work in functional project teams and explain technical issues to non-technical colleagues.
- Passion for your work and an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
- A few things you might have that we like
- Practical experience in working with distributed systems (e.g. Spark, Hadoop).
- Already worked on e-commerce problems or large scale performance marketing.
- Visibility in the data science community (contributing to open-source projects, competing on Kaggle, speaking at events, …)
More reasons to join us
- We are headquartered in Berlin!
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 45 nationalities, we speak English but also provide German lessons
- Relocation Assistance and a great People team that has all the insights to German bureaucracy
- Quarterly Hackathons, weekly tech talks and a training budget to sharpen your skills even more
- … and of course free breakfast as well as the mandatory pizza and beer on Friday
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life as an Engineer at GetYourGuide on our blog. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →