Data Scientist // Fit Analytics
Fit Analytics — the world’s leading size advisor solution for online clothes shopping — is seeking a data scientist to work with the largest and most extensive data set in the industry to develop accurate size recommendation algorithms. Machine learning isn’t just an important aspect of Fit Analytics, it is at the very core of who we are and what we do. If you’re passionate about research and ready to use your skills to shape the future of the apparel and fashion industry, we want to hear from you!
Who We Are
Based in Berlin and San Francisco, we’re a team of data scientists, fashionistas, physicists, designers, and hackers, working together to tackle a single problem: making it easy for online shoppers to find the right clothes size. We help some of the world’s largest clothing brands solve sizing issues, boost conversions and slash returns.
What We Do
Our Fit Finder helps companies instantly access the power of machine learning to deliver a perfect fit for customers, optimize e-commerce performance, and add risk-free retail intelligence to their operations. We work with major global retailers and brands such as Zara, Hugo Boss, New Balance, The North Face, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and many more!
What The Role Involves
- Analyzing big data (> 100 millions) to understand the correlation between garment characteristics and the human body
- Implementing size recommendation algorithms based on your findings in a production-ready way, using cutting-edge machine learning technologies (Tensorflow, Beam)
- Having a direct impact on how tens of millions of people buy clothes online
What We’re Looking for in You
- Master’s degree or higher in natural sciences / computer science / mathematics
- Experience with programming in Python (R is an advantage)
- A disciplined approach to both data science and software development
- Knowledge in Bayesian methods is an advantage
- Experience with Tensorflow is an advantage
- Practical experience in a commercial company is an advantage
- Fluent in English
- Resident in Berlin
What We Offer You
- A competitive salary
- Hands-on experience building a product that is revolutionizing e-commerce
- A spot in our smart, creative and highly-motivated international team
- Daily breakfast and lunch plus regular team events
Why We’re Different
We’re not sitting around wondering what the product is and burning other people’s money while expecting everyone to work ridiculous hours for little reward. We’re profitable, organised, and already providing a unique solution that delivers huge value to our partners while helping millions of people a month shop better online.
If you’re excellent at what you do and want to apply those skills to solving a genuinely hard problem together with a great bunch of people, you’ve come to the right place. To take the next step, send us your CV and a brief message explaining why you’re the perfect fit!