DevOps Engineer // 1000shapes
Effective immediately, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer
Part-time, with the option to extend to full-time if required.
About 1000shapes GmbH
We are developing software solutions for creating 3D products that better fit human beings. Our focus is on medical devices, e.g. for the planning of surgical procedures. Based on our innovative and award-winning technology we convert measurement data into 3D digital models and develop tailored systems, which can be integrated seamlessly and efficiently in our customers’ production pipelines – worldwide. Learn more about us on 1000shapes.com…
You help maintaining and further developing our IT infrastructure to help deliver high-quality solutions cost-effectively to our customers. You contribute to automating our development processes and providing traceability throughout. You put in place easy-to-use systems for our developers.
In more detail, your tasks would be maintenance and further improvement of:
- Services: File server, backups, Gitlab, Redmine, Davical, …
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Docker containers)
- Secure network, data and communication configurations
- Technical documentation of operational details and procedures
- User accounts management
Depending on your skills and interests, future opportunities may be:
- Participate in the conception and development of an in-house web portal to serve the results of our core algorithms to our customers remotely.
- Help us streamline our IT processes towards quality certifications such as ISO 9001.
- Optimize the process of license handling from customer request to usage tracking and license issuance.
You have a background in applied computer science, are willing to learn new things and have a passion to improve IT systems.
You must have:
- Strong knowledge of Python, Bash, Git, Linux administration
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated test frameworks
- Good knowledge of container administration, Apache
- Experience in network routing and firewalling
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility as primary point of contact for installation, (re-)configuration and troubleshooting
- Solid spoken and written English is mandatory, German is very welcome.
You should/could have (but can also develop during your work for us) knowledge of:
- Windows administration for Continuous Integration
- C++ compilation
- Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- System monitoring tools
- Implementation of web services
- Cloud computing
- Friendly, international and motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Diverse and challenging tasks
- Potential for increasing responsibilities and freedom to bring in your own ideas
- Flexible working hours
We are looking forward to your application!
Please send your application with CV, certificates and references to Hans Lamecker via email@example.com
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →