DevOps Engineer (f/m) // Mobisol
Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large home and commercial solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary PAYG software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such ast elevisions, stereos and refrigerators, thereby improving people’s standard of living while earning incremental income by supporting new solar-powered businesses. With over 1,000 employees across three continents, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
DevOps Engineer (f/m)
Permanent employee Headquarter – Berlin Full-time
WHAT THIS JOB IS ABOUT
In 2017 we took a big step towards opening our business for external partners and our IT Infrastructure is growing quickly.
As DevOps Engineer you´ll make sure that our internal applications, and especially our SaaS “Solarhub”, are always available for us and our external customers. Therefore you will troubleshoot problems quickly, automate as many processes as possible and try to solve potential problems before they arise.
As part of a team of four people supporting Mobisol´s Software Development branch, you will collaborate with the IT Departments in Tanzania, Rwanda, Kenia and the Berlin Headquarters. That means you stay in contact with Network Administrators, Software Developers and third party providers. In particular, your interface with our software developers is very important to understand the requirements for the smooth and stable running of our Web Services.
- Planning, setting up and maintaining IT solutions, i.e. server infrastructure, especially for our SaaS “Solarhub”
- Executing release and maintenance processes of backend software, always steering to automate these processes
- Ensuring, advancing and documenting stable IT operations – e.g. telecommunication software solutions and technical integration of IT service providers and Mobile Network Operators – by monitoring performance and logs of applications, infrastructure and hardware as well as creating back-ups of production data
- An education as IT Specialist and / or working experience in an system administrator’s, DevOps, Software Developer role
- Experience with configuration management tools & managing Linux servers
- Deep understanding of modern web technologies
- Good technical and methodological understanding and expertise
- Trouble shooter with an aptitude for problem solving
- You have the passion for discovering, evaluating and implementing new technical solutions for Mobisol´s vision to plug in the world!
- Be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English, German is “nice-to-have”
- Our complete software for our business like mobile applications, Backend and our Firmware are built inhouse!
- Following technologies are used by us: Ansible, MySQL, Capistrano, Ruby on Rails, Kafka, Cassandra, IPsec, Linux Containers, HAProxy, nginx
You don’t have to be familiar with all of these, but if you are – that’s definitly a plus!
- Doing something meaningful – you´ll becoming part of an enterprise, that brings real positive impact to ordinary people in East Africa
- Personal development – beside new experiences of developing in an international context with new technologies we support you with possibilities for participation on Hackathons, developer conferences and classical trainings
- Be part of a great team of people – which share the same mindset to plug in the world!
- Flat hierarchies and unconventional ways of doing things – your ideas and experiences are more than welcome
HOW TO APPLY
Important for us are your skills and your motivation rather than certificates or university degrees. Please apply via our job portal.
If you have further questions please contact our HR team Phone: +49 30 9700 255-6 or email@example.com.
As an equal opportunity employer Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irre-spective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity and disability, religion or beliefs.