DevOps Engineer (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, we received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
Blinkist is a digital service that is operating worldwide. Our AWS-powered backend is the backbone of all our engineering efforts. We need you to make this backbone robust, extend its capabilities and teach our developers how to use it. On top of that, as Blinkist is going global, we need to distribute our infrastructure worldwide.
As our DevOps you will:
- Allow our developers to build, deploy and run features stably and quickly
- Maintain and extend our AWS infrastructure powered by Terraform
- Ensure a resilient system setup (no 24/7 support necessary)
- Curate our CI/CD pipelines and make them bulletproof
- Teach our developers to use the platform autonomously
- Enable Blinkist to distribute its backend applications worldwide
- Extend our Golang tool belts and services
To do this, we believe you should have:
- At least 3 years experience as DevOps
- Profound knowledge of AWS, AWS ECS, and Docker
- Powered at least one professional project with Terraform
- Profound developer with experience in Golang
- Clear communication skills
- A diligent and structured mindset
- A constant will to learn and grow
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, a meaningful product on the rise, and an opportunity to attend conferences, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do you have the room to move between product and development but we want this role of DevOps Engineer to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!