DevOps Engineer (m/f) // Wayfair
Though the focus of this team is Linux, due to the nature of our platforms you will be involved with and exposed to a wide variety of systems. This team owns a large portion of our customer facing systems and services, and as such are heavily involved in the architecture, growth, and improvement of our various platforms.
Ever wondered what it would like to work at ‘internet scale’? At Wayfair we are dealing with internet scale challenges on a daily basis. With our traffic doubling year over year consistently we are faced with some pretty exciting and interesting challenges!
Some projects the team is currently working on in 2017:
- Create and improve tools to aid in monitoring and control of our systems
- Enhance our infrastructure to support a variety of different disaster recovery options
- Expansion of current physical data centers
- Migrating targeted applications, sites, systems to cloud platforms
- Improving automation of systems, processes, and services
- Looking to the future – containers? Mesos?
- Taking POC Systems and preparing them for production use by applying our standards to them and making them immutable
- Provide the highest level of technical escalation within the organization of our critical production platforms
- Improve security and performance of infrastructure
- Automate, Automate, Automate
- Provide Architecture & Design feedback for all production platforms, as well as for other teams with in the organization
- Proactively monitor systems to anticipate business needs before they become critical path
- Thinking of what is the next big infrastructure thing
- 3+ Years experience in a SRE/DevOps type role
- Experience managing Linux in a large scale environment
- Experience working with Linux automation tools, such as Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Knowledge of Web Servers (Apache/Nginx)
- Familiarity with load balancing tools and techniques (HAProxy, etc)
- Experience working in virtualized environments
- Experience working with Cloud Platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Scripting ability particularly in Bash, PHP, Python or Ruby
Other traits we look for:
- Good interpersonal and team building skills
- An easy-going attitude and sense of humor
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- A strong drive to learn and try new things
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- An interest in being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
• Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
• Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
• AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
• DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
• Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link: