DevOps Engineers // Endocode
Endocode is looking to expand its existing team of experienced DevOps experts.
We want engineers who feel comfortable with virtual machine and container-based data center environments, and are excited to extend their knowledge of and also contribute to modern large-scale installations.
You’ll be joining a team of experienced, motivated engineers and have the chance to work with a wide range of cutting edge technologies on a daily basis.
- Work closely with developers, system engineers, quality assurance and customers.
- Ensure scalability, availability and security of infrastructure in a data center remotely or at customer sites.
- Build, maintain and optimize deployment pipelines.
- Automate deployment and backup-restore processes.
- Work with local and cloud-based servers. Fix, adapt and extend tools needed for the job.
Required skills and experience
We are looking for people who know these major areas of technology:
- Process knowledge of application development & operations based on continuous integration/continuous delivery. You will need to bring in-depth knowledge of modern software engineering methods including test-driven development.
- Linux software development with Python, Ruby or Go. Our work is typically on the border between development and operations, and a solid understanding of development practises is very helpful. We apply engineering practises like automated testing and revisioned code to infrastructure. Knowing Git is a must.
- We are looking for in-depth Linux (RHEL, Debian) or Windows administration knowledge (networking, configuration,troubleshooting), and knowledge of automation tools like CHEF or Puppet, and continuous integration systems like Jenkins or Teamcity.
- Experience in application operations based on Openstack, Kubernetes or similar tools is useful. This includes deployment, customization and systems management.
- You should be able to join our team full time at our office in Berlin but willingness to travel is a plus.
- If you have years of experience, that’s fantastic, if not, please don’t hesitate to talk to us anyway. We have a great team of experts that can support you in gaining that experience.
- You should be able to communicate in German, the usual working language is English though.
Who we are:
Endocode AG is an employee-owned, shareholder company based in Berlin, Germany providing professional IT services with a focus on open source technologies. The Endocode team is currently numbered at 14 representing 6 different countries. Endocode is a strong supporter of a healthy work-life balance, believing your work will be better if your life is better.
Endocode does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, marital status. In short, we’re an equal opportunity employer.