DevOps // FCG Germany
Frontier Car Group builds and runs platforms focused on emerging markets in the used car sector. The focus of FCG is to increase efficiency of these markets through technology and infrastructure creation.
At Frontier Car Group you’ll work with colleagues highly committed and passionate about what they do. Our teams are proud of their brands and products and are ready to go beyond what is needed to contribute to the company success. Your desire to innovate and experiment will always be encouraged.
We are looking for a System Administrator and DevOps engineer that will design, automate, secure and support our large scale geographically distributed Google Cloud infrastructure. He will combine engineering experience and a commitment to improving existing systems and processes with the creativity to develop new solutions to evolving challenges.
- Work in the team responsible for all our DevOps activities, contributing to the development of new processes and solutions
- Collaborate with the Software Engineering Release, Testing and Development teams to maintain and enhance our source control, build and deployment toolkit and processes.
- Building and maintaining company’s infrastructure in Linux
- Monitor and troubleshoot server related issues
- Automate server builds/environment setups, automate provisioning access in DB, Linux, Windows
- Automate most System Administration functions
- Monitor, prevent and troubleshoot security related issues
- Provide strategic vision in engineering solutions that touch all aspects of the infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience in Linux operations and automation
- Strong experience in scripting and automation with a proven record to reduce manual work with the automation of server builds, patching, release management and capacity information
- Experience with administration of source code and build tools
- Must be well versed in Linux environments
- Must be well-versed in the following:
- Containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- One configuration management tool (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, …)
- Office in the city center of Berlin with a kitchen and game area, and height- adjustable tables
- Flexible working hours and option of home office
- An international team of smart and enthusiastic people
- Open mindset for new technologies and processes
- Vibrant team culture