Django Developer // Liquid Democracy
We are a non-partisan, non-profit organisation based in Berlin. Since our founding in 2009, we are working on developing innovative techniques and methods to promote citizen participation. The core of our work revolves around the development of Adhocracy, a free software and digital participation framework providing users with various civic partici- pation tools.
You will be part of our development team, writing web applications in a Scrum process.
About the Job
You will be working closely together with our developers, designer and project-
managers to build our free open source software for online participation.
This includes implementing features, frontend and backend, according to customer
requirements for many different participation processes.
Our current technology stack includes the following:
- HTML5 (browser compatibility starting from IE10)
- Build process with Webpack
- Git with Github
- You are a developer and have proven practical experience with most elements of our technology stack
- You know how to develop reusable components.
- You enjoy learning new technologies and improving your skills as well as our code base.
- You feel comfortable to get in touch with our customers, partners and userbase from time to time.
- You are looking for a job in Berlin with a 4 to 5 days week.
Why work with us?
- You will work on established, continuously evolving software.
- You will contribute to software being used in a wide range of online participation processes all over Europe.
- You will work in a non-profit organisation in Berlin-Neukölln. Our primary goal is to make a difference in society, not to make profit.
- You will get a fair salary and all the technical equipment you need.
Send us your application until March 20th, including references to projects you have worked on and your earliest possible availability. Please apply with your digital portfolio by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also send your encrypted application to us, using the following key:
gpg –recv-keys –keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net 47AD347F
Fingerprint: F0BB 4348 2336 8F37 39B6 C129 1737 5EFA 47AD 347F
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →