Embedded Development Specialist (m/f) // foolography
foolography is a small hardware company in the heart of Berlin, founded in 2009. Keeping a startup mentality allows us to focus on creating extraordinary products for promising niche markets. Our mission has been to provide intelligent solutions to equip photographers all around the world. Our objectives along the way: finding and combining the right technical components that meet our highly set goals, reverse engineering and breaking down complex systems, building tiny, perfected products and apps that are fun to use and create a real benefit for those who use them.
With our newest product “UNLEASHED” that was successfully funded on Kickstarter last September, foolography became one of the most interesting hardware startups in Berlin, moving the worldwide photography market forward. Working on the UNLEASHED and with many more exciting products in the pipeline, we want to build a strong team willing to not only build high quality gadgets for photographers, but also help move the dusty photography market into a bright future.
WHAT EXCITES YOU?
- Tinkering and inventing new camera accessories
- Designing and developing firmware for embedded devices including BLE connectivity – accessories for DSLRs to improve the lives of photographers around the world
- Implementing reverse engineered protocol stacks
- Bare-metal programming at low levels using run loop, state machines and interrupt handlers
- Optimizing code for constrained memory and minimal power use.
- Writing clean and readable code with thorough documentation
- Identifying problems during development and finding solutions, both in a team and independently
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED?
- A heart for IT and excitement for the newest gadgets
- Know-how on digital electronics and choosing key components
- Solid experience in programming firmware for microcontrollers in C
- Ability to tackle tasks independently in a flexible work environment
- Knowledge of how to do research efficiently to solve technical challenges
- Very good written and verbal English
- A passion for photography is a plus! ;-)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be an essential part of something new and big
- Help revolutionize a niche market that is in need of game-changing products
- Create things photographers all over the world will use on a daily basis
- Grow while solving diverse and flexible tasks
- Enjoy a flat hierarchy as well as quick and uncomplicated decision-making
- On top of that, we love to go to meetups, conferences and try out the newest taco store
WANT TO JOIN US? GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
If we’ve sparked your interest we’re looking forward to a short application with CV, overview of grades and especially any reference projects you’ve been part of. Please send this, including the internal reference number (ES1701), to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in contact with you for a personal interview.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →