Embedded Java Engineer (m/w) // iamsmart
iamsmart is a Berlin based startup in the Smart Home Internet of Things sector. We’re a team of inspired professionals from all fields who believe that smart technologies can transform the way we live today. With this team of ambitious minds, we are developing innovative products to make future homes more comfortable, secure and self-sustaining – today. We are lifting the Smart Home out of the gadget space and pursue it’s real purpose, to improve our lives. What we really are? We are inspired to make the Smart Home have a heart.
You will help us change the definition of “home” for people of any kind around the world. We believe that a great product will shape the future of our living spaces.
SOME OF YOUR ACTIVITIES
- Build and test applications using embedded Java
- Develop clean and maintainable code
- Work with Linux, MQTT, REST and 3rd Party APIs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new products.
- Building the software that powers our hardware devices, targeted for more then 1mio households
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or any related field.
- 1+ years experience with (embedded) Java, C/C++ is a plus
- Experience in design, development and testing of embedded systems is plus
- knowledge of communication protocols like z-wave, zigbee, bluetooth are a plus
- Experience with the development of IoT and smart home environments are a plus
- Strong communication skills in English
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
- We belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take
- Responsibility for your role from day one
- An agile environment you will love
- Flat hierarchy, awesome culture
- A pretty cool office in Berlin ‘Mitte’ + a free gym membership
- Awesome international start-up atmosphere: Work Hard, Party Harder
You think Smart Home is one of the greatest things in the world and you share our passion for that topic?
We would love to get to know you!!
But please don’t write us a book…
Generic cover letters are as bad as broken radiator in winter.
A compact description of yourself and your achievements will do! :)
>>>Join and shape the future of our homes together with us!< <<