Embedded Software Developer (f/m) // Mobisol
Mobisol is one of the world’s leading companies for Solar Home Systems with approximately 700 passionate employees, delivering a clean and affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households (living without access to reliable energy). Our dedicated product line combines solar energy with innovative mobile technology and accessible microfinancing. Having successfully installed more than 85,000 solar home systems in Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenia, Mobisol is now moving into the business at a larger scale – thereby stimulating economic and social development in developing countries while simultaneously contributing to global environmental protection. Our commitment to quality, product innovation, and sustainable development makes us a highly inspiring community to work with.
Embedded Software Developer (f/m)
Permanent employee Headquarter – Berlin Full-time (part – timers are very welcome)
WHAT THIS JOB IS ABOUT
As Embedded Software Developer at Mobisol you join the firmware team consisting of four people. We implement the actual control logic empowering our smart Solar Home Systems located in ten thousands of east African households. In close collaboration with the backend and hardware development teams, we develop a sustainable foundation for our products and operations. That means we focus on high quality of code & long-living products.
- Pushing our product forward – You will maintain, extend and improve the existing firmware for our remotely controlled Solar Home Systems
- Be an allrounder – you will implement battery charge control, M2M backend communication, user interaction functionality, unit tests and alike
- Be an interface – you work in close collaboration with different teams (Database/Backend Development, Research & Development and Quality Assurance) to develop our product further
- Do the next step – you design and build software for Mobisol’s future Solar Home Systems and smart DC applicances
- The system under your control – you accompany Mobisol’s devices’ lifecycle and gain insights by evaluating runtime data of eighty thousand systems
- 3 – 5 years of experience in embedded software development
- A practical background with product development & lifecycle management
- A deep understanding of low level software mechanisms
- Experience in development on the ARM cortex M platform or STM32-series
- Excellent skills in coding C / C++
- Experience in implementing in one or more of the following technologies: I2C, SPI, Uart, USB, Bluetooth
- Experience with Makefile, Shell-scripting, Python & QT is an advantage
- Solid knowledge about realtime OS
- Self-driven, independent working style
- Doing something meaningful – you´ll become part of an enterprise, that brings real positive impact to ordinary people in East Africa
- Personal development – beside new experiences of developing in an international context with new technologies we support you with possibilities for participation on Hackathons, developer conferences and classical trainings
- Nice benefit package – including company sponsored insurances, company sports, car sharing arrangement etc.
- Get in touch with our customers – based in our newly refurbished office in the mid of Berlin – Kreuzberg, you will also have the opportunity to work “in the field” in East Africa – as a can, not as a must
- Be part of a great team of people – who develop professional expertise with personal passion in a healthy working atmosphere
- Flat hierarchies and unconventional ways to do things – your ideas and experiences are more than welcome
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please upload your application (letter of motivation – stand out!, CV, references) through the button below.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity and dis-ability, religion or beliefs.