Engineering Manager – Conversion // GetYourGuide
We are looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager to lead people, guide frontend technical architecture decisions, and drive conversion rate optimisation (CRO) experiments in our marketplace. You will assume line management of existing front end engineers, work with cross-functional missions teams composed of top not-notch designers, developers, analysts and product managers. This is your chance to have a direct impact on the business through guiding your teams in optimising the experience for our customers around the globe!
With 400+ employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
Conversion Team Mission:
As a part of the Growth group the team is responsible for creating great user experiences for our customers across the marketplace. Our aim is to do this through leveraging user research and building hypotheses to be explored through rapid A/B experimentation on our website. Come help us remove friction and build seamless experiences for our users.
- Working in cross functional teams with product, design, engineering and analysts
- Review ongoing A/B testing efforts, identify new opportunities and quickly iterate
- Lead frontend architecture discussions and guide technology development
- Grow your direct reports, helping them to achieve their potential
- Champion lean and agile approaches in your teams in coordination with product
- Be part of the engineering leadership team, shaping the culture at the company
- Be involved in hiring, not only for your team, but also others in the company
- Minimum of 2+ years of direct people management in technical teams
- Minimum of 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with conversion rate optimisation for an ecommerce marketplace
- Experience with A/B testing, hypothesis building and best practices
- Experience with the architecture and deployment of complex websites
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) topics
- Experience developing projects in a Docker microservice architecture
- Experience building and shipping Node.js projects to production
- Prior experience in startup environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn trips into amazing experiences!