Engineering Manager, Customer Excellence // GetYourGuide
We are looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager to build and lead our new Customer Excellence team in Berlin. If you want to create a product that revolutionizes how Customers experience their destinations, read on.
With 370+ employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Customer Excellence team is a new initiative, which you will help define and set-up from day one. This cross-functional mission team will bring excellence at every touchpoint along the traveller’s journey on GetYourGuide.
- You will be instrumental in establishing a new team, setting up the development approach
- Recruit and retain a world-class set of engineers, responsible for the hiring and interview processes
- Develop and grow highly skilled engineers, create an environment where engineers can thrive and be empowered
- Work in cross-functional teams solving significant challenges, pro-actively working with Product Managers, Designers or Data Scientists
- Align individual and team purpose with GetYourGuide’s goals
- Be a “learn from” person for engineers, and actively support technical innovation
- Work to port LAMP services into new container based microservices
- Positive, pro-active leader who is passionate about the web
- Ability to be hands-on and actively involved in coding & technical decisions
- Experience with container based microservices architecture and LAMP stack
- Technically strong with significant experience building and scaling large web applications
- Experience technology leadership and team coaching
- Proven ability to recruit, onboard, develop, and retain the best Engineering talent
- Collaborative, able to guide Engineers and non-Engineers alike towards the best solution
- Highly effective at prioritizing, scoping, estimating, measuring, and improving software delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Best practices for agile methodologies and project management
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog http://inside.getyourguide.com to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide!