Engineering Manager // Friendsurance
Friendsurance was the worldwide pioneer in P2P Insurtech. We developed the P2P model, which rewards small networks of users with a cash-back bonus at the end of each year they remain claimless. With this concept we are an innovater of the insurance industry and have received a lot of international attention for this.
From this starting point we have grown to be a smart home for insurance. Our customers can manage their insurance policies online and receive comprehensive insurance advice, in addition they have the cash-back option.
Since 2017 we started another pioneering act in Digital Bancassurance. Our first cooperation with Deutsche Bank is in the making.
Around 100 team member from more than 20 different nations are working passionately on this vision in our offices central in Berlin. A strong costumer centric culture and good work environment is very important to us. We are therefore very proud to be rated as one of the Top 3 Employers in Berlin in 2017: http://news.kununu.com/arbeitgeber-ranking-berlin/
We are also proud that our office, which we put a lot of love into, is mentioned as one of Germany’s top 10 startup offices: http://bit.ly/2eCBqEl
Please visit our career page to learn more about us: https://www.friendsurance.de/job
We are looking for two Engineering Managers to join our growing technology team. In this position you will lead two or more small, cross functional teams including development, testing and operations roles In this position of significant responsibility, you will prove technical direction, coaching and ongoing leadership for your teams.
- You are an experienced software engineer with 5 or more years developing high performance, stable, and scalable software from initial concept through production.
- You have been leading a cross functional development team for 2 or more years.
- You have the experience to recognize and promote the importance of monitoring and alerting.
- You highly value testing and in particular test automation.
- You like working with people as well as technology. You know that mentoring, motivating and inspiring people creates an engaged, fun, and productive team.
- You truly believe in, and are a master of agile methodologies.
- You are a technical expert in backend technology (ex. APIs, services, data structures and data models) OR front-end technology (ex. single page and other front end frameworks, and responsive and mobile design)
- Experience scaling and separating a monolith architecture is a plus
Your Tasks & Responsibility
- Take an active role in Code, Technical Design, and Architecture Reviews
- Help define Development and Testing Standards and insure compliance
- Play an active role in Strategic Planning and setting the Technical Direction
- Lead the Recruiting and Hiring efforts to grow your teams
- Participate in daily and weekly agile rituals including standups, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Actively collaborate with our product team and other stakeholders
- Take an active role as a core member of the Technology leadership team
- Set and evaluate performance goals for team members and provide coaching and facilitate professional development
Our Technologies, Tools, and Processes
- Back End: Java, Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL
- Front End: react.js, TypeScript, Bulma, Redux
- Testing: Enzyme, Selenium, Serenity, JUnit, Mockito
- Build and Deploy: Jenkins, Maven, npm
- Infrastructure: AWS, Apache, Tomcat
- Process: Kanban, Retrospectives, JIRA, Confluence
- Implementation of a revolutionary idea
- Work with cutting edge technologies
- Work in a highly qualified team
- The technical challenges of a company in strong growth
- Start up atmosphere, flat hierarchies and the possibility to develop further
- Attractive salary and opportunities