Experienced Fullstack Web Apps Developer (m/f) for Native Apps Team // S&S Media Group
Putting ideas into practice. Loving challenges.
For our Berlin-based development team, we are now looking for a
Full-Stack Web Apps Developer, Software Engineer (m/f).
You are a software engineer with a strong web skillset. You have created a number of back-end solutions and are eager to get to work on the leading information and education apps of tomorrow. At S&S Media you’ll discover new technologies, collaborate with other developers, and you’ll benefit from our wide network of contacts. You will be working in a team creating products that provide the best possible resources to fellow developers.
- Design and implement the back-end for new and existing customer-facing products. Day to day you will be using the MEAN stack, Python and other technologies.
- 50% of your time will be on company back-end systems and B2B services (mostly MEAN stack), developing new micro services to fit in with existing legacy systems.
- Improve the DevOps environment for our existing back-end applications and help improve our development workflow.
- You will create scalable and secure twelve-factor apps that are fully under test and easy to deploy as microservices.
Your ideal technical skills
- You’ve developed a number of RESTful APIs and have experience with the MVC architecture.
- Experience in deploying Elastic Beanstalk applications from Docker containers and comfortable with all Ops tasks (we use AWS, mLab, Docker Hub, New Relic, StatusCake, etc)
- Ideally, you should have experience with serving video, CDNs, and DRM.
- You use the right technology to get the job done, and relish using technologies that you haven’t tried before.
- Using “start-up technologies”, you write high-quality code like an enterprise developer.
Your ideal personal skills
- You are pragmatic and strike the right balance between delivering fast and delivering quality.
- You prioritize communication, teamwork, and “getting things done”.
- Written and spoken communication in English isn’t a problem for you.
What we offer you
A developer’s paradise: S&S Media will take you to the frontier of app development with comprehensive training in our loft-style office in the heart of Berlin. Seminars, conferences, and self-help books: We’ll support you with all the individual development you need to be a highly-skilled developer. This all comes hand in hand with flat hierarchies, a friendly working environment, and great colleagues.
S&S Media Group is one of the most comprehensive providers of services for the IT and web world. Our unique media competence in forward-thinking technology markets makes us a key information provider for IT pros and project managers in all knowledge areas. S&S Media’s business units include print, conferences, trainings, and one of Germany’s largest online networks. Among its renowned partners and clients are companies such as Microsoft, SAP, Oracle, Adobe, Intel, and Accenture.
Sounds like your kind of job? Then we look forward to receiving your application or a link to your online profile. Please send your application to Lukas (email@example.com) and make sure to include some work samples (with a short project overview and some information on your own role and the technologies/features used as well as a link to reference apps), your desired salary, and your earliest possible starting date. We look forward to getting to know you!
Software & Support Media GmbH
Lukas van Lengerich
Saarbrücker Str. 36