Freelance Frontend Developer // Blinkist
Our blinks, key insight summaries of the world’s best nonfiction, help more than one million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things, each and every day. The app has been featured by the iTunes and Google Play Store numerous times.
One key application to attract and onboard new users as well as to handle certain core functions for existing users is our Ruby-on-Rails-based web app. To help us optimize our web-based funnels at a faster speed and enable new growth initiatives, we need you to join us.
As one of our Growth Developers you will:
- Work around two days per week, preferably with the team in our office
- Implement and run A/B tests to optimize all of our web pages and funnels
- Work closely with designers and marketers to ideate and define features and tests
- Dig into our data and analyze test results and new opportunities
- Conduct code reviews and participate in regular meetings to ensure quality and alignment
- Create code that follows our motto “The more standards, the better”
To do this, we believe you should have:
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience
- Familiarity with concepts of A/B testing
- Passion for writing clean, elegant, and easily-testable code
- A SOLID attitude
- Experience working with sketch and building full product experiences from markup, to animation, tracking and RoR backend development
At our Berlin HQ we offer a fantastic workplace including all the benefits you’d expect – from free drinks, fresh fruit, and furious foosball fights, plus the nicest, smartest bunch of coworkers. Uniting us as a team, we foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, transparency, direct communication, personal development, and mutual support. We got rid of classical management hierarchies and instead distributed authority among all colleagues. So, we strongly believe in the advantages of self-organization and autonomous working: not only do we want you to grow into the role of Growth Developer, but we want this role to grow with you, too. Add a competitive salary, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
If we’ve captured your interest, apply now and let us know why you are the perfect fit for the job!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →