Frontend Engineer // Zattoo
Zattoo is creating the future of television, live and on demand.
We build Apps for mobile, web and big screen on systems like Apple, Android, Samsung, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox One and many more.
Zattoo’s web development team builds apps beyond usual desktop/mobile browsers. They deliver JS applications to a vast range of platforms like Chromecast, Samsung and LG smart TVs and set-top boxes.
Performance which matters. Our apps should run smoothly on devices which are 50x times slower than your laptop.
Non-trivial user interactions. We are building UIs which could be controlled via remote control, connected smartphones or voice interaction.
Complex business logic. Each app could be deployed to a different B2B customer, which results in a different feature set, different UI, different language, different business rules and many more.
If you like to work in a unique environment where you are motivated and challenged every day, Zattoo is the perfect place for you.
- Contribute to our client-facing apps: translate business requirements into new features or apply changes to existing ones
- Contribute to our internal private NPM packages and help us increase code reuse while creating well tested and documented modules
- Work closely with other teams in order to understand their needs and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions (Designers, QA Engineers, Backend Developers, B2B Engineers, Product Managers)
- Be curious and help us evolve constantly: watch out for areas (code, tools, process) which could be improved; create proposals, participate in discussions and bring them to life
What we expect from you
- Deep understanding of how the web works
- Experience with modern frontend workflows: design tools, project management tools, unit and E2E testing, build tools, REST APIs, CLI, CI/CD
- Experience with React, Redux, Jest, ECMAScript 6, webpack
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues and multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
- Bonus: experience with Node.js
- Bonus: experience with video streaming
- Bonus: experience with Smart TV and STB
- Bonus: German language skills
- We don’t like to repeat ourselves. We maintain monorepo with private NPM packages
- We like modern technologies. Our production apps are built with the latest version of React, Redux, Webpack
- We like to automate routines. We use Travis ci, Dependabot
- We like to build reliable software. We do code reviews, use Jest, type validations and Sentry
- We like to collaborate with other teams. We use Storybook to showcase and document our modules
- We maintain work-life balance. We value results and not face time
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work schedules
- Cool and comfortable offices
- Relaxed atmosphere, no dress-code
- Working with an awesome product
- Motivated and international team
We are Zattoo
At Zattoo we want to create a new TV experience, independent from location, time and device. Since our start in 2006, we bring a huge selection of sport events, movies and TV series to the favourite devices of our users. In addition, our B2B team delivers TV and VOD solutions to cable operators, internet service providers and many others, thus positioning Zattoo as a top notch technology partner.
We have built a great team that defines and develops the TV experience of the future together. We treat each other with respect and pull on one string to make our vision reality. Flat hierarchies and open communication enable us to cooperate transparently and to act fast. At Zattoo we can be ourselves and simply do what we are best at.
You can learn more about us at: https://zattoo.com
Join us and become part of our Stream Team!