Full Stack Python Software Developer // KAYAK
KAYAK is looking for smart, enthusiastic full stack developers to help expand our industry-leading website to the global market. Our team is constantly iterating, designing, and coding our way to excellence. We are building state of the art tools in online marketing automation to extend our public outreach. If you are an experienced engineer intrigued by data analysis and interested to work on a team of similarly talented individuals, we’d love to hear from you. We’ll even help you move to Berlin.
Our team is responsible for building automation tools primarily for Programmatic Marketing. This involves building workflows for automatic control algorithms, data management, API integrations, and tools for creating data visualizations. Our stack is comprised of Python/Django, MySQL/Vertica/Redshift, and React/Redux/Bootstrap. We believe in a data driven approach, good test coverage, code reviews, publishing open source, and on-going process optimization.
- Structure and integrate data from varied marketing sources such as Google Adwords, Facebook, and Yahoo Gemini
- Design and implement data visualizations
- Collaborate with marketing team and data scientists to provide automation tools
- Analyze data and build prototypes to demonstrate concepts
- Build integrations with third party applications
- Stay up-to-date with latest evolutions in programming
- 3+ years professional development experience
- Experience with Django, Numpy, and Pandas
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience with git or similar source code versioning
- Familiarity with SQL queries and Relational Databases
- Strong analytical mindset
- Must be willing to live in Berlin
- Familiarity with Programmatic Marketing platforms such as Google AdWords and Facebook Ads
- Active participation in open source projects
- Experience with Java
- Familiarity with Data Analysis and Statistical Testing
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout looking for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours