Fullstack Developer (Freelancer) // Wikimedia Deutschland
We are looking for someone to join one of our agile development teams in our office in the heart of Berlin.
- You care about software; you have a passion which you can clearly convey by your actions rather than personal statements on your CV alone
- You have an eye for software design and quality
- You can recognize legacy code and know how to effectively deal with it
- You are able to communicate fluently in English in a multidisciplinary team
- For you it’s more than a job
Our development teams are cross-functional, self-organizing and highly autonomous. No single team leaders or middle management. You’ll be working directly with the product owner. Among other things, testing, refactoring, and pair programming are encouraged. We’re constantly trying to improve the way we work.
What we are offering you
- We have internal presentations by our developers on topics they are enthusiastic about
- You can attend local user groups during work time and you are encouraged to do so
- You will have a noticeable impact on one of the top four visited websites in the world
- We regularly go to conferences, both as attendees and participants
We’re interested in candidates from any background, as long as you have a solid understanding of Object Oriented languages and basic experience with web development.
Here is an (incomplete) list of technologies we’re currently using:
- MediaWiki, several MediaWiki extensions
- PHPUnit, QUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, PHPCS, PHPMD, JSLint, Rubocop
- MySQL, SQLite
- TravisCI, ScrutinizerCI, Jenkins
- Wikimedia Labs infrastructure
- Linux server, nginx
- Puppet, Vagrant
All software we develop is open source, we also contribute back to various projects we use, including some of the ones listed above. Many of our components are also published in a format that allows reuse outside of our own projects.
To begin your application, please answer the questions and complete the exercises at http://hr.gs/amawzing-fullstack. If the results are satisfactory, we will be in touch. When you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wikimedia Deutschland commits itself to the principles of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, nationality, religion, political or other opinion, sex, age, disability or sexual identity or orientation.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →